1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli now using XTRM for contingency

Discussion in 'General' started by Red900, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not talking about people using Michelins getting paid. I'm talking about people who changed brands still getting paid Michelin money. People who hadn't been on Michelins in a year or more...

2. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

So basically guys who dropped Pirelli to go to Michelin, then halfway through the season went back to Pirellis were the issues. :D

3. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

just the dirty ones that might have done that and wanted to keep getting michelin's generous payout :).I beat plenty of P riders last year :D
    Sean, I knew what you were talking about that is why I said that I knew what you were saying. Its great to add more control and keep people from ripping off the sponsors that pay well. I just hope it doesnt turn it into and 8-12 week turnaround like some of the contingencies.

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Were they really ripping them off or were they just in Michelin's system from years past and just kept getting money? Hopefully people were not intentionally defrauding Michelin's program.. or any other contingency for that matter.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The riders weren't doing anything, XTRM was making the error, the riders listed their proper information however XTRM didn't wait for us to double check the info. That will change for 2010. So it'll be slower but accurate.