1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro or Michelin Power Slick Evo???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Prodigy The Epyon Pilot, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

Prodigy The Epyon Pilot Sir John Hampton 728

I have ridden Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro and GAWD those things are amazing!...but I am having problems finding a set for my R1...soooooo started doing some searching!...I just went through a set of Super Corsa SP V2 and those are my super back up option....BUT comes down to what could be an option of slicks seeing how I probably wont be able to get my hands on a pair of Superbike Pros in 2 weeks?...Michelin Power Slick Evos?

2. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

I use to use the Superbike Pros but have switched to the Pirelli Superbike slicks in an SC2 for the front and the SC3 compound for the rear on my 750. They work even better with more stick and feel for the front and more edge grip for the rear. Get my Pirellis from James Bock at Podium Motorsports in Savannah, GA. I ordered two rears on Wednesday and got them in Raleigh today.

3. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

understand the super corsa SP tires are a hypersport tire (read street and track days), not a true "race tire" like the super corsa SC tires, or the slicks.

how you tell them apart is the SC tires have compound choices (slick, and the d.o.t with siping), the SP tires do not have a compound choice, they are one compound tires.

make your choice based on the application. track day at lower pace, skill, you "could" get away with the SP tires. mid, top of track day pace, and race only, you may want to utilize the SC tire, with your choice of compound for temp, grip, and feedback.

your results may vary, and yes they are a pain in the ass to find, and they are more expensive than other brands but, in my opinion on my street, track/race bikes, they are worth it. Ski

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

James will take care of you for sure on the Pirelli's. But the EVO slicks are awesome...

5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The Pros are an obsolete tire. The SC3 compound is the replacement. It's a much better tire than the Pro.

6. Prodigy The Epyon Pilot

Prodigy The Epyon Pilot Sir John Hampton 728

Thanka guys, I will try to get in contact with Mr.James and work some magic!