1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ping* Racedad

Discussion in 'General' started by oldguy, Oct 7, 2005.

1. oldguy

oldguy NC novice old dude

Hey, Britt! Would you pm me your address? I have some stuff of yours.

2. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Is it "good stuf"f or "stupid motorcycle" stuff??

PM sent.:cool:

3. oldguy

Stupid motorcycle stuff I guess. What else do you want? I just bought a plasma cutter today.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What kinda PlazmaCutter ya got???
    Whatch'a gonna cut wif it??
    What color iz it?
    How thick will it cut....?

I had one and used it like 4 times and gave it back to the guy who gave it to me, He said he gave it to me cuz he needed the garage space..

5. BellsHonda

BellsHonda Well-Known Member

Hey, I'll send you my address if you're sendin the plasma cutter :D

6. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

plasma cutters are nice for roughing stuff out of sheets or plate, and for making a mess.

7. oldguy

Itza Blue one. I went to a open house and cut a buncha shit with it. When my neighbors dog comes in my yard and eats my kids nerf football, I'm gonna go in his yard and cut his car in half.
    Its a little one. I build airplanes in the winter and I have to cut a bunch of .090 4130 parts. I had a sheet waterjet cut, but forgot some pieces. After that bill I decided to get a plasma cutter.
    I signed up for Tig classes too. For some reason I keep melting my aluminum parts just before I get them welded. Weird.
    Good luck at GNF. I'm too scared to ride there with all you fast crazies. Maybe next year when I get my Fizzer done.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Cool
    Try not welding the aluminum parts all at one time, if it melts to a blob, you have let the part get far to hot.:D and try smaller tungsten and wire.:cool:

9. oldguy

Well no wonder! Had that big ol 3/16" tungsten and 1/8" filler rod and about 350 amps blowin thru that itty bitty alunimum piece.
    J/K...... I found I needed those magnifier lenses for my helmet because as I looked up (out of the bi-focals) I lost the features of the puddle and screwed everything up. You can't learn how to weld out of a book........ I'm going to school this winter and then practice, practice, practice.
    The Plasma is a cool little unit that I can use 220 at work and then sneak it home and switch it to 110 in my garage. Miller Spectrum 375. Just a little bigger than a toy. 1/4" steel and a little less in alum. 'bout $1,250