1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PILOT race H tires good or bad????

Discussion in 'General' started by gixer1100, Mar 13, 2002.

1. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

if any of you fellas or ladies used them on the track what did you think of them? did they grip well and last long enough. i have been lookin for info on them and haven't found any inc the michelin site. thanks for any info, kent.

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

no one knows about these?? they are the new H2 race.

3. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I have a couple of sets.
    I'll let you know what I think.
    Keep in mind i'm a slow rookie, so my opinions' worth the paper I used to write this poost on. [​IMG]

------------------
    Medieval Racing

4. rob996

rob996 Well-Known Member

I haven't used them (and won't since they don't make a 160) but a friend emailed me this. No idea how reliable accurate honest it is...

-Got this from a message board. Sounds promising...

We recently had a chance to test the new 2s at Fast Freddie's school in Vegas. They are unlike any Michelin I've tried before. You could have stamped Dunlop on the side and most wouldn't have noticed the difference. They were up to temp within 3/4 of a lap, unlike the Pilots, which took a least 2 laps to come up. The new front profile is much more triangulated, much like Dunlop, which has a much quicker turn in. Lastly they SLIDE, not hook and toss which has been a major complaint in the past.

The 2s come in 3 compounds. S - soft, M - medium, H- street compound, which is said to be between the S & the Ms. We tried the S & Ms which were work great but unfortunately didn't get a chance to try the Hs. The soft rear had enough grip to cause a few others to have a noticeable front end push. The best combo appears to be S front, M rear.

The Hs are the tire Michelin is billing as their all-arounder. For the street rider who also wants to do track days without buying a second set. We were told they come up to temp within 1/2 a lap. Very similar to a qualifier for the street.

I've ridden on the Dunlop's for my entire racing career, these new Michelins have convinced me to switch. I would highly recommend giving them a try. You'll be surprised.

5. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

Greg and me will be testing them out at roebling looking forward to it too. the m's worked great at talladaga and north fla. they turn in real fast and stick well they do require a good warming with tire warmers to get them up to temp. the h's are going to be good I liked what they looked like at talladaga they had a few there.