1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pilot Power on SV?

Discussion in 'General' started by hotnail, Mar 5, 2011.

1. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I'm considering picking up some PP for the SV before heading to Jennings. Im usually a BStone rider but thought about trying them on my SV. Any thoughts good or bad. They sure seem to be priced right from what I can see!

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Which pilot powers?

3. hotnail

4. blankwall

blankwall Well-Known Member

i enjoy the bridgestone bt-003rs for my trackday tire on my sv. Works great. Contis for racing

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Not for racing, maybe for trackdays. 2ct are well known for getting greasy at a quick pace. Although Jenning is really tough on tires and you may get away with them because of it..

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Very good tire until it gets really hot out and then they will get a bit greasy at advanced pace. Added bonus is that they are outstanding if it's wet.

7. hotnail

Monte....Is there a Michelin tire that is commonly used on SV's or do they mostly cater to the 180 size and up?

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I like the pilot powers. They have tons of grip until they get too hot.

If it's hot out, Jennings will heat up a tire like a big dog. Even my slow ass will make those things greasy on a hot day. Just be mindful of that if you run them. I can imagine most of your TD tires are gonna be the same way.

9. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The Power One 160 in B or B2 are great tires for an SV.