1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture of moon from airplane --- Breathtaking!

Discussion in 'General' started by WERA29, Dec 5, 2003.

1. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

2. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

"...and son...thats how we won the war...."

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Huey, is that you? :D

David

4. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Wrong end of the plane... But I've done something very very similar!

5. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

why in the world didn't i see that coming?:rolleyes: :D

6. 418

418 Expert #59

:up: :moon: :D

7. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

....that my friend is the @ss end of a B-26....

8. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And I was expecting to see a nice picture of a REAL Moon..not an ass.

9. SOFG

SOFG Well-Known Member

Thanks Tom!!!:D

10. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

That was the first thing I thought when I saw it too! :clap:

SOFG - You're welcome. Thanks for sending it to me! :up:

11. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

12. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

If it was an A-26 it wouldn't have that big winder where the bombadeir sits... (and the current arse is).
    That would be a nose cone w/ 8 cannons sticking out of the front on an A-26.

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

lmao Sounds like a term greg moore used when we were talking at the gnf! lol!

when i was looking for the town winder

14. RZ Racer

Martin B-26 Marauder and Douglas A-26 (don't know the nickname) are two completely different planes. Both were made in "attack" versions that had 8 .50's in place of the bombardiers bubble, as well as another 4 .50's on the sides. (same with the B-25) The B-26 was the fastest bomber in our sevice and was a bear to fly, due to a very high stall speed. (thin, high performance, laminer flow wing) Killed a lot of newbie pilots when they first flew it. (not used to a plane that stalled at 120kts!) It's speed and rugged construction saved a lot of experienced pilots lives though.
    Don't know as much about the A-26, only that it was more of a light attack bomber and came out close to the end of the war. You still see a lot of them in forest fire fighter squadrons (movie Always)

15. Chubby Huggs

Chubby Huggs Guest

Awesome... I've never seen a ground attack B-26.
    I've seen tha A-26 in ground attack... I'll be honest I always thought it was a modded B-26...

So I wonder which one it is:
    Landing N-number search

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

A-26 Invader had a long service life - into Vietnam. They renamed it to B-26 at some point, which does cause confusion.

17. RZ Racer

Ahhhhh, now I understand the confusion. (as if having two '26's wasn't bad enough.) Since "B" was always for Bomber and "A" was for attack aircraft. I can see where Huey was thinking it was a B-26. (actually it WAS, seeing as they re-named it!) Still, the ORIGINAL B-26 Marauder, was a really cool plane. I think there are only 2 or 3 flying today. CAF has one that I saw at Oshkosh in '88.

18. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

No need to use a 1/1000 shutter speed when taking action pictures. The props are supposed to be spinning.... Unless, of course both engines failed, the plane is plummeting toward the earth, and the photographer caught the last will and testament of this bold and brave aviator, on film. :)

Still a good one though!

Cheers,

19. Tiggerduc

Tiggerduc BIG OL' DUFFUS

like what was said earlier the a-26 and the b-26 are two completely different aircraft the b-26 had a circular cross section where as the a-26 had a rectangular one.

20. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

yeah B-26's were a biotch and did kill a lot of newb drivers. anyone seen that B-26 high speed taxi test video? thing is doing like 100 kts on the ground and corners like Rossi, outside wing dips way down but doesnt touch ground..... pretty awesome.

great pic, eamiling.....