1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picker/Auction/Pawn Shows

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Harder to find these days.. there is a good one outside of Bryson City NC... I bought an 1968 Ithaca Mod 37 Police 12ga Riot gun.. $350

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

And a lot depends on what you want to use the merchandise for.

I paid $65 for a beat up 1913 Conn New Perfected Wonder "Circus Bore" cornet (post fire) that is really worth about $45. However, it plays like a dream and knocking out Arban's Norma Variations on it gave me a severely big chub, so price was really not an issue.

But I'm a brass nerd.

pscook likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Drummers are stupid. They hock their shit faster than a drugged out bass player.

I got a bunch of Pork Pie shit from an apartment building dumpster because the drummer skipped out with some skeezer.

cha0s#242 and rd400racer like this.
  4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

one of my favorite party conversations of the past 6 years, was one night talking to this hag who was going thru a divorce. she was super hyped to tell everyone how she just had her wedding ring appraised for $7000 and was gonna cash in. when me and this other dude told her she was about to get $1200, you shoulda seen her face, it was priceless. first was laughing "nuh uhh", followed by confused disbelief, followed by total sadness. the stages of watching all her hopes and dreams slip away was unreal. kinda like...

[​IMG]

she had no idea. i was like yo... happy people in love don't pawn wedding rings, they know you're in a tough spot and your life is going shitty, plus its a thing a lot of people are super particular about and might sit for a while. this was half way thru her divorce (she was already dating a dude we know), and she also had no idea that your alimony goes away if you get re-married. they were talking about marriage plans and shit before her divorce corpse was even in the ground and talmbout milking her ex-husband like... i guess she thought you could just keep getting married 50 times and collecting all the alimonies forever? how people like that make it to adulthood blows my mind.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Around here pawn shops haved turned into a flea market junk collector. Walmart bikes, harbor freight tools, Chinese sockets, 2hp garbage lawn mowers, 10yr old play stations and I even saw a dual deck VCR...lol. Best part is the asking prices. Usually priced 10-20% over what it costs new!

V5 Racer likes this.
  6. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Don's or Joe's?

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Joe's (after the 90degree bend by the river across the tracks on the left)
    Got a couple of cool old air tools too.. place is PACKED Tight.

8. If you look every once and a while you can find something cool. My one I stop into once and a while locally has some very fair prices on guns. Not a steal but fair but problem with that is you see guns you like but you don't need but buy them anyways :)

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Probably could've gotten it for $25:Poke:

Britt likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too far for me!

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I used to find some nice hi-fi audio in local pawn shops. I haven't been in one for ages now, but it seems it all went to shit. The main attraction was to find good deals on hidden treasures, or profiting from other people's stupidity. Now, they want ridiculous amounts of money on total crap. Where's the fun in that ? I'm amazed a lot of them are still in business.

V5 Racer likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think they stay in business by loaning out money for stuff, and the 330% interest rate.

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Let me know if you find any old McIntosh stuff. :D

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

How about old IBM metal stuff...

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

What......can't hear you.....go my stereo jammin :rock: