1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photographers post here!

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Gixxxxxxer, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Gixxxxxxer

Gixxxxxxer Well-Known Member

2. Gixxxxxxer

Gixxxxxxer Well-Known Member

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

4. mischievius

mischievius Racer & Pilot

there is one guy from jennings something like superbike photography? or sportbikephotography... wish he had a site couldnt check out his pic's when i was there.

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

6. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

7. metallic5spd

metallic5spd McLovin

8. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

HAHAHA, but I was first :moon:

9. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

10. sturges

sturges Member

Rich Sturges here. I've been shooting you guys for a while but finally got a web site going. Check out the pics from Summit Point at sturges.fototime.com

you can step thru the pics, or search on tags; I am typing in the bike number into the picture tags.

enjoy!!
    rich
    Team Charm plankowner

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Sorry for the threadjack but since most photogs on this forum might take a peek in here I thought Id ask......what image hosting site do yall prefer using?!?!

Im looking to switch sites to one with an option to buy prints, I like the idea of having control over pricing but not necessary (or is it?), upload ease, several homepage skins/layout options and I like the idea of having my own domain name.

Top site choices seem to be between: photoreflect, smugmug, exposuremanager and zenfolio.

I see photoreflect is the most popular here, so far, but that doesnt necessarily mean you guys are happy with them so please do share your insight via PM if you have the time.

Thnx in advance!

12. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

im using photoreflect, but am working on my own stand-alone site for next year (which is going to take some time to get going)....

photoreflect dings ya for like 16% or something like that of your sale... not too bad considering they pretty much take care of everything payment processing wise.... but if you do a large volume of sales it really adds up fast. with photoreflect you control everything.. packages, prices, you can set up an account with their print shops... or self-fulfill options like i do (cd's).

i know smugmug makes you pay a fee up front, and they also take a percentage

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thnx Jeff!

Their take is actually 18% but when you factor in there's no annual fee, pricing control, self fulfillment option, domain name, etc.....and the fact that I cant see selling too many prints at this stage, I think Im going this route. In fact, Ive already registered with them today just cuz I wanted to see how their UI works. So far I like the layout and it seems pretty easy to navigate around the site. I just dl'ed their Darkroom software and will be checking that out soon.

FWIW:
    For those seeking a hosting site this is what I found with the sites I was considering, all being the 'pro' membership to get the options I wanted:
    smugmug pro = $150 + 15% of sales
    zenfolio premium = $100 + 12% using their lab - 6% self-fulfillment
    exposure manager event = $100 + 10% + $.50 for self-fulfillment

14. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

with photorefect, after you figure out how to setup your pricing and packages (a pain in the ass the first time around creating mutiple packages)... its really simple..

one thing too.. put the site as your name.. that way the checks come in your name. i have mine come as VIPhotography, and have to be deposited into my business account.. the bank wont accept them into my personal, since my name is not on the check.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Good point on the site name.....will have to keep that in mind. They give you the ability to change names no?

Hey will you be going to the IndyGP?

16. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

yes ill be at the indy gp with monte and the stt crew

17. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Photoreflect gives you the option to change the name, you just have to call the accounting department. But if you are running a business and want the deductions on taxes etc., it really needs to be in a company name and deposited into your business account. IRS frowns on co-mingling personal and business funds. Just a heads up.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thank you Vicki!

Jeff- I'll be there too.....I'll look out for you. If you see some guy with a Canon and Sigma 300/2.8 walking aimlessly around say hi. :D

19. cwojcian

cwojcian krazykadz

20. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member