1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phillip Island, Australia | WSBK 2014

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

If you've never seen Alex Lowes race he is 100% win it or bin it.

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Just ask Shakey Byrne. :D

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup! I got his crash count thread ready to go!

4. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

So many brands so close, very exciting

5. 418

418 Expert #59

Chaz almost had a HUGE highside in the last corner. The back end came around for a looong time. Damn.

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So glad to see motorcycles racing again. It's been a long, cold winter.

8. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

The Aprilia's looking great!
    Guintoli was flying

Watching Sykes crash in slow mo was kinda freaky. Looked like his front end had a mind of it's own....

So is Ducati back in the mix too??? :D

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Here's the grid for SBK

[​IMG]

10. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

11. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sykes front end was definitely protesting that corner. I wonder if the new regs mandate cheaper suspension? Doesn't look like he has those uber expensive gas charged ohlins forks on there. Davies was riding the wheels off that thing almost losing it everywhere.... very cool to watch but didn't get hime too far up the order. I'm rooting for Guintoli again this year. He seems like a really nice dude and if he stays healthy should be in the title chase.

12. wrparrish

wrparrish Well-Known Member

They do

13. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Checa took Pole last year....so I'd say too early to tell, but Davies is a great rider. Word is May broke his collarbone....guess he's out. Sucks for EBR

14. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Was Chaz on a stocker class with those forks? I know they are running both groups at once now.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

:bow:

No, Canepa is though.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same. Dude has definitely had a rough time since snapping his leg so long ago in BSB. He is wicked fast on a superbike when he is healthy.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not until next year. They can still run full aftermarket forks this year. In 2015 they will go full EVO and have to run stock fork outers like here in AMA SBK, can only replace the internals.

18. 418

418 Expert #59

They said last night there is a price cap on the suspension this year so they can't use the uber uber trick shit, just the somewhat trick shit.

I for one thought the EVO rules were gonna be like the BSB stuff. Superstock motors and full SBK chassis. Guess not.

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

There are some minor tweaks. BSB is using a spec ecu which is a Motec, Evo has to use piggybacks or kit ECU's. I don't think BSB has an engine cap do they? EVO's are limited to six motors per season. Engine rules are more relaxed in BSB which basically allows you to fit a pipe and call it a day.

Still not quite a uniform standard across the major series, but they are inching a bit closer.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?