1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Perhaps Rossi needs tim hire Stoner and Lorenzo to develop his bike....

Discussion in 'General' started by Robby-Bobby, Nov 12, 2017.

1. AFC

AFC Well-Known Member

Interesting point. Yamaha has struggled after Lorenzo left, a little like ducati after Stoner.
    Wouldn't be surprised if Lorenzo is quicker than Dovi next year. Great watching Marquez but
    hopefully more parity next year.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Just a reminder, Stoner left for Honda because Ducati were struggling.....

More parity?

You want Marquez on Moto2?....

:D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Does anybody remember this guy named Gigi? You know the guy that took Aprilia to a few world superbike titles???

418 likes this.
  4. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Who can forget Uni-Brow? :crackup:

rcarson15 likes this.
  5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Biaggi's dad!

Mot Okstef likes this.
  6. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Because Ducati wouldn't listen

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  7. josh7owens

josh7owens E-Kart Champ

you still owe me $1000, no one bet with RB, he doesn't ever pay up. Kind of like he didn't pay his electric bill and Clarence had too.

G 97 likes this.
  8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

And yet Stoner wasn't going to leave Ducati if his team wasn't going to go with him.

9. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

Ducati not listening has nothing to do with his team

10. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

Don't go getting all Gapman on us now. :Poke:

:Pop:

TLR67 likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I didn't say it does. :confused:

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Best answer to Ducati progress.

Bruce likes this.
  13. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Plus Honda and Yamaha losing their proprietary electronics and software and the championship converting to the Magnetti Marelli electronics they’ve been using forever and for which they have the most experience. Plus the switch off the Superstones to which the Hondas and Yamahas were perfectly adapted and the Ducati struggled with. Ducati is definitely to be commended, but there are multiple factors. Biaggi’s dad should be commended for exploiting the changes, but fortune has definitely smiled on Ducati as of late and disfavored Yamaha, and Honda to a degree.

I remember people here saying Vindaloo was amazing and would take the championship this year. Now he sucks and Yamaha might sack him at the end of his contract. They just might, but get real. The dude is the real deal and has the goods to win multiple championships. He will recover. The factory Yamahas just ain’t working right this year. Honda struggled for a few years after the switch to 800s too but they seem to do okay now.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'll be interested to see if he does recover well - I think this season would be hard for anyone at the point he is in his career. That was a whole lot of humble pie to eat for a guy predicted to be on top, but still on his way.

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah it had to be a mental mind fuck. He was on top at that he beginning of the year. I think the tire changes on top of the new electronics threw Yamaha for a loop. The bike worked well at some tracks in some conditions and then would behave extremely different in different conditions or different tracks. That’s not the rider. Yamaha went wrong somewhere. I’m confident Maverick will be fine, but if he isn’t he wouldn’t be the first rider who was fast as a bat out of hell and then nowhere after a tire change. My guess is Yamaha will be better next year but still in the wilderness at times. It’ll probably take them at least another season to sort it out. Is Maverick willing to wait that long or will he jump ship? Will Yamaha just throw him under the bus and try changing the rider? Hard to say. If he does well next year and his stock is up again, but the Yamaha is still fickle, I’d be shocked if KTM didn’t make a play for him.