1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pay It Forward

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Mar 31, 2010.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

A few weeks ago BBS member PMooney Jr. (Pat!:up:) posted up that he was going from Florida to Missouri and offered pickup/drop off help along the way.

Pat picked up a motor for me in TN and dropped it off in IL. This, of course, just reinforces all the things that I appreciate about this community. A total stranger did a favor for another total stranger ---JUST TO HELP:up:

Anyway, in an effort to "pay it forward", I am leaving from Southern Illinois to Ft. Monroe, VA this afternoon to drop off a racebike with Chris "ThunderDuc" Gorel along the way and spend the holiday with family. I will be returning on Sunday. My route will be I 64 thru Kentucky, West VA, and VA for the entire trip.

SO...if you have something out east that needs to come back west (at least as far as Southern Illinois) and are along that route....PM me and I will help if I can on the return trip (I am fully loaded now). I am on a tight schedule as its a long drive and I only have so much time off.

Thanks WERA racers!:D

Mark

Rebel635, TurboBlew, SpeedyE and 6 others like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This is cool.

3. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sounds like we need a special section for traveling racers/peeps

5. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Drive Safe Big Guy!

Hope to see ya in May!

6. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

way cool post! :up:

7. SPDKLZ

SPDKLZ Well-Known Member

What a great idea! I spend most of my time in Iraq, but when I am home, I travel all over TX and parts of OK hitting as many track days as possible. I could have done something like this as well.

So....I am mainly in the Lubbock, TX area when home, but will be traveling to Austin, Decatur (two different times) and College Station so far. If you need anything picked up, etc between April 14-May 16, let me know. I travel with a truck and an enclosed trailer and would be happy to help out.

I would even consider complete bikes, just consider that I am not a business and do not offer insurance in case something happens.

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Good stuff :thumbup:

9. breakneckPace

breakneckPace Well-Known Member

I like this idea. Not a crazy big trip, but probably at least twice a month I drive from NorCal (San Fran) to SoCal (LA). I like the idea of a new section being made for this. :D

10. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I'll be headed to Northern Indy following the same route, splitting north @65. Honk if you see a big gray dodge with were stickers!!

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Will do!

Put one of my WERA stickers on truck....red S10....loaded to the gills with SV stuff:up:

heading out the door guys. I will check the board when I get out there in 13 hours or so.

M

12. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Hey Mark, glad I could help you. I've got a travelling bone so I'm always out and about. Having a section or just a sticky in General wouldn't be a bad idea? You know, "I've made a terrible decision to buy a bike in "____", I live in "____". Please help me justify my purchase by helping you deliver some crap." :D

fastedyamaha likes this.
  13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Okay, bumping this up as Pat Mooney has once again come through in spades. I have developed a oiler GSXR addiction and a few months ago Herb Bridwell posts up his '88 750 project for sale, which will go nicely with the '89 I got in October. Addiction makes it impossible to resist, but it's in FL. So I ping Pat and say if I buy this will you go get it and store it until I can figure out how to get it to IL. Pat doesn't skip a beat and says "sure!", which a few weeks later he does.:up: Then to top it all off he manages to secure transport for the whole project to Granite City IL via a flat track guy he knows... This is an hour from my house!

So, I have a pile of GSXR stuff that I want to get to Pat as a thank you for all his help (for which he has asked for no compensation). That said, this is a caveat to the transport thread. Anyone coming to Tally in a couple weeks from the Daytona area who might have room to take some bodywork, rims and odd spares back with them OR anyone heading south from IL to Daytona to the 200 who could help out.

If you can, I would appreciate it. PM me or email [email protected]

Thanks
    Mark

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I am outside Owensboro and will be headed to Atlanta ,GA in a couple weeks. Let me know if that helps.

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Will do! Thanks!

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Ok - another chance to assist. I have to go to Knoxville next Wednesday for training deal. I’ll have a full size van and aside from the SV motor I’m taking, the van will be empty. Anybody need anything dropped or picked up or dropped off let me know and I’ll do what I can.

r6boater likes this.
  17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Can you get me a 20 pound sack of $100 bills at the Wells Fargo?

Mot Okstef likes this.
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Well , that comes to $ 980,000. I'm not greedy like you , have him throw in a 10 lbs sack for me . I'll pop for gas . :D

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Ya gotta love this place! :clap::clap:

20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Here we go again. Heading for Barber Thursday. I will have A LOT more room than originally planned.

That said, if you need something hauled from Vincennes Indiana to Birmingham or back on Sunday. Let me know.

I’m going down US41/I69 to I-24 to I-65.

I have a TRS in the enclosed trailer (6x12) so bike delivery is doable.