1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pastrana tonight

Discussion in 'General' started by KillerCam, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

Redbull probably bought out Spanky, I'm sure it just took some Jim Beam...

2. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

The jump was nice and all, but I wanted to see Jolene. :up:

3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Likely world record for a ramp to ramp jump. Spanky just crashed landed didn't he?

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

that is my guess. Ramp to ramp.... that he could have driven away from basically. Not crash landing in a pile of more cars or whatever they usually do for the stunt shows.

5. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

6. AH406

AH406 Well-Known Member

Most people shit their panties getting up the nerve to drop in a mini halfpipe on a skateboard. The sheer braveness to attempt 99% of the stunts he has done demands respect.Nobody goes as big as he does. Not even Spankapotamus.

7. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I was thinking that the other day. LOL

I know TONS of people who nearly shit their pants just climbing on the roof of their house.... or nearly hyperventilate when their car hydroplanes a little bit, Let alone flying 269ft, a good 5 stories or so in the air, in a car :wow:

8. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I think Jolene said it best on one of the Nitro circus shows.

it went something like this...."Travis makes everything look so easy that you want to try it."

Did they say he's had "20" concussions????

9. Randal03r1

Randal03r1 Well-Known Member

I think Red Bull screwed up the planning. Didn't take the dew in account on the landing. A simple tarp would of covered the landing and they could of pulled it off 10 minutes before the jump. All the test runs were run during the day and on dry landing ramps. Anyway, huge congrats to Pastrana! That was sweet.

10. Angel

Angel Well-Known Member

It wasn't dewey or foggy at all on land a couple hundred feet from the landing spot. I don't think putting a tarp on it wouldn't have done much. And I'm guessing "Red Bull" had nothing to do with the actual execution of the stunt, that was all Pastrana and his crew. If Pastrana had wanted a tarp he would have had a tarp. His crew was using surveying equipment on the take-off and landing ramps right up until the actual jump. I think everyone just overestimated the level of traction that the barge had.

11. Randal03r1

'

I watched it live and Travis said "It was like ice" I have been on boats my whole life and every morning I wake up there is dew on the decks. Yes, you are guessing, Red Bull was on everything! Open your eyes. Dry land = no dew, you are correct.

12. Randal03r1

I will make it easy for you...

Pastrana said he skidded at the end because the dew had set in about 10 minutes before he took off. Had he landed straight and stopped before the wall, he planned to spin doughnuts in celebration.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/news/story?id=4787184

scroll half way down