1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pass that girl a steak!

Discussion in 'General' started by Lever, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Teen actress Mary-Kate Olsen, who with her twin sister Ashley has grown into an American pop icon and fashion brand, has entered a program for treatment of an eating disorder reported to be anorexia.

The 18-year-old co-star of last month's film "New York Minute" recently "entered a treatment facility to seek professional help for a health-related issue," publicist Michael Pagnotta said Tuesday.

"She is thankful for the encouragement and support of her friends and family, who are with her every step of the way," he added.

A person familiar with the situation told Reuters that Olsen was suffering from an eating disorder. Olsen entered a facility during the past week or 10 days and was expected to remain in treatment for about a month, the person said.

Us Weekly magazine, in the cover story of its upcoming issue, identified the disorder as anorexia.

Speculation about Olsen's rail-thin figure has been the subject of tabloids, gossip columns and the Internet for weeks. The actress herself poked fun at the issue during the twins' recent appearance on "Saturday Night Live," shouting to an extra playing herself, "You're too skinny! Eat a sandwich!"

Pagnotta said both sisters, who turned 18 on June 13, were going ahead with plans to attend New York University together in the fall.

But Ashley Olsen will be making a planned trip later this month to Australia and New Zealand without Mary-Kate to launch overseas promotion of "New York Minute" -- the sisters' first theatrical feature, he said.

The twins have been in the public eye since they were 9 months old, starring in the television sitcom "Full House." Since then, they have sold millions of videos, DVDs and books and have launched their own fashion line.

But director-producer Michael Kruzan, who has worked with the twins for years, was quoted in Us Weekly as describing Mary-Kate as the "more competitive" of the two girls.

2. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

3. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

I don't really have anything to say about this, I just don't want Jeff to get his feeling hurt 'cuz nobody's replying.

FWIW, I don't dig it when chicks is too skinny. I like girls who look like they're about 10 or 15 lbs "overweight." Like a Kate Winslett kinda thing. Like maybe she used to be an athlete but she's let herself go a little.

Voluptuous, curvy, and big boned kicks skinny's ass any day of the week.:D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  4. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

thanks for the concern buddy:(

hafta agree with ya on the curvy part...just don't want no jelly rolls:D

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Naw duawg.. you need to see dat' tootsie roll. Dat shit is da bomb yo'

6. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

Now, that being said, I do have to admit to having a serious weakness for a select few skinny girls, Selma Blair and Parker Posey being the front runners.

Oh, and Bridgette Fonda too!

7. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Bridgette Fonda ..............................................

One of the sexiest chick in show biz.

8. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Starving has got to be the most painful thing to ever go through, both physically and mentally. Why the fuck would anyone want to do that to themselves?

I just don't get it. Women with a little meat on their bones are far more sexy than a stick figure on any day.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2004
  9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I totally agree. the Kate Moss heroin junkie look just doesn't cut it for me.

But Fonda is still a babe.:cool:

10. The H-man

The H-man Go Navy!

WORD! Especially in La Femme Nikita :clap: :up:

11. raceaddict

raceaddict Member

WHY?!??! Because it is the image that society projects of what is a sexy and desirable woman. Tall, thin, tan, blonde, and large breasts.

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

you make it sound like a bad thing!

13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Skinny chicks like that make ya bruise pretty bad, especially if you don't get enough vitemin K. At least it's legal to think about doin' the Olsons now.:D

14. raceaddict

raceaddict Member

Re: Re: Pass that girl a steak!

Well, if that is all you want, then no it isn't a bad thing. But, high maintenance
    women can be a major drain on the wallet, and it's the all about me attitude.

So is it to say that men are afraid of women who are smart, able to take care of themselves, can work on his motorcycle and can still get dressed up for a night out??????

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

36 - 24 -36 thats the way i like em! :D

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Chick's with eating disorders are sooooo sexy! I love a woman that suffers for her vanity. :D

17. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Re: Re: Re: Pass that girl a steak!

Find me a woman like that and I'll ... do the M word with her.

Wait a minute! I may know of such a woman... Dober! But she rides Yamaha. Can I get her to ride a Kaw instead? How would she look in green? Will she hold me to my initial statement? :Poke:

18. atl_hooligan

atl_hooligan Well-Known Member

Can we get any fat girls in here to chime in?

:D :D :D

...and Brad doesn't count! :Poke:

19. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

i'll pass both of the twins a steak.... MY TUBE STEAK !!

yeah the ultra-skinny look just doesnt do it for me.

20. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

Bless you, Caesar! :) I feel like I have a Bettie Page body in a Kate Moss era. I just don't see why guys like the skinny little breakable chicks.