1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking at Barber for GNF

Discussion in 'General' started by dbc105, Oct 15, 2018.

1. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

Last year they charged us $50 per night to park over night in the paddock in the motor home. Is that right or should that have been for an RV spot at the top of the hill? I would think that if you are racing, parking in the paddock over night would not carry another charge.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Last year at the GNF it was $25/night for camping and $25/day for power. I dont think there is any charge to camp atop the hill. But you are also a good ways from bathrooms and electric. :D

3. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

So if I’m racing out of my van, and sleeping in the van, can I leave the generator behind and just pay for power? I’ve never been to Barber so I don’t have an idea of where I would be pitting/sleeping and if power is near by. Thanks in advance!

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

so there are RV pedastals with (50/30amp and a 120 duplex) at the front of each tier except the very top.
    Its typically 1st come first serve on the poles.
    However you could run a long extension cord (5o')up the hill to the pole above the tier youre on. Ive never seen
    anyone use all the power at the pedastals.

5. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

If you have a generator always bring it. You never know

6. Monsterdood

I just assumed that at Barber, every pit came with power, tire warmers, and a dedicated fuel pump for race gas. It’s the racing Mecca right? Lol

Speaking of which, do I need to bring fuel too or will we have a vendor on site?

7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Depends on what fuel you run...but there is Sunoco race fuel there.

Barber has nice pits...but it could use more power poles and more showers. We just run a genny and not worry about parking near a pole...will be cheaper to run a genny...I don't burn 25 bucks in fuel a day, not even close.

8. Monsterdood

Thanks, two votes for bringing the generator. I’m trying to pack light in the van to leave room for me to sleep on my drive down and back from CT but I’ll bring the genny and just buy Sunoco at the track.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and buy gas before you enter the track, especially for the generator.

10. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Contact @Chuck Ivey he is a VP dealer and does preorders