1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Papa Comments:

Discussion in 'General' started by Pitlizard, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Pitlizard

Pitlizard Well-Known Member

Papa asked me to take notes again so I could post for him... so here goes:

George (Rain Director): I'm very disappointed because I was worried about you and what I put you through - and you come here with this "tough guy" routine and tell me how you've seen a lot of shit as a cop for 29 years and that made me feel better because I didn't have to worry. Now you go home and start acting like a girl. I'm giving Marge permission to slap you upside the head every time you do one of these things!

John Ulrich: Thank you on behalf of everyone who's going to crash into airfence. I've been saying since you started the drive for the fund that those racers are just to fuckin stupid to do what's good for themselves. If they won't do it for themselves, then those have us that actually have a brain will donate for them. Thank you for making the donation for me. When I gave to the airfence fund - I knew it would never be at a track I race at, but I felt it would help save other racers (especially AMA) and I still feel the same way about it today. Thanks.

MudDawg/Peanut/Due North: Thanks a lot for the tapes. It's really great to watch them at the hospital. I have a lot of down time and since Lisa isn't reliable when taping races for me....

TexasF4: The yellow GSXR's are ugly as hell but since it's the only one that I have that actually works now - I love it and I'm really touched by the gift. Especially since we've never met.

To all who sent cards: The only positive I see if I don't regain use of my right hand is that I won't have to write all of you back. :D Cards are great to receive but they sure are annoying to pick out, write and mail! If nature had intended for us to send cards then Al Gore wouldn't have invented the internet.

Scott Fisher: When Lisa and I go to Vegas - if I don't introduce us to the lady in the poster in a private setting - we'll sue you for false advertising. Thanks for the poster. I won't hang it in my room because my mom wouldn't understand - but I have it at home.

Everyone: I've thought about it for a while now, but I decided to come out and embarass the shit out of Brad Wilson. HE'S A GOOD PERSON and INCREDIBLY GENEROUS. It's probably gonna kill him that everyone knows that - but I've been making his life hell for a year or so - so why should I stop now?

Sam Lherfeld (Kneedraggers): I want to thank you and your wife for the DVD player and movies. They're making our days much shorter.

ALL: We've had sever big debates about the quality of service between your local store or dealership and online vendors. I've always said that a good online vendor can be just as good from a customer service standpoint. How many of you have had their dealership/sponsor visit them in the hospital and bring them a DVD player to make their life easier? You can feel free to believe that all dealers are better than online vendors in regards to customer service - but I didn't believe that before and I certainly don't believe that now. To those of you who wanted to help but could not think of what to do: purchase your next accessory from kneedraggers.com. I undertand if your sponsored - just send them a friend of yours who's not.

2. James#306

James#306 Backmarker Extraordinaire

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Hi Papa!

4. EMathy

EMathy Dreaming of a *****...

Papa...thanks for letting me start my day with a big 'ol smile on my face. :D

5. Peanut

Peanut Well-Known Member

6. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Hey Lisa: are we gonna have to get you a tape recorder for papa's dictations? I think you should start charging him! ;)

It's great that you do that for us. Tell Papa i'll see him next week and tell him all about how his aprilia did at the track days this weekend. :)

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

:D :cool:

Heya Pap!

8. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

Has someone looked into the voice control option for a computer yet? Lisa could bring a laptop to Rehab PAPA does the talking and voila the text appears.

One of the best programs that I know of is called naturally speaking from Dragon systems. Someone I once worked with used it all the time.

http://www.dragonsys.com/

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

slander, libel, and a bunch of horse puckey!!! just so you guys knowl, papa has been known to lie!!! :p

10. John Ulrich

John Ulrich Well-Known Member

Sam and Jim were looking into voice control systems, I don't know how far along that is.

11. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

This time however I believe him. Your reputation is ruined forever Bradford:D :D

12. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

You've been busted Bradley! Everytime you get assy from now on I'm going to post a link to this thread! Cause we ALL know Papa doesn't lie ;)

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:mad: damn you papa!!!

14. Pitlizard

Pitlizard Well-Known Member

When Sam gets back from his lecture circuit, he'll be completing this for Papa. Papa is ready to give you all some heck! :)

15. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

Bring it on!!!

16. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

Letter from Papa

Hi everyone,

We went to see Papa last night, it was so great to see him so talkative! He asked me to take some dictation, I'm the fill-in secretary. He asked me to post it in another thread, which I will, but I thought it would be good here too.

"To All - Since we've been going through this together, I feel I should share with you what the secret is that keeps me going. From what Lisa has been reading me off the BBS, it seems that a lot of you think that I am much stronger than I really am mentally. I am not. If this had happened to me 6 months ago I would be spending all of my energy working with some of my more resourceful friends to help me find the local Dr. Kevorkian.

Powers was right when he posted that thing that made some of you mad. For 30 years I would have rather died then be paralyzed. The only reason I am fighting this today is Lisa. I haven't spent enough time with her and I'm not ready to go yet. So please don't give me the credit for strength I don't have. The real secret is quite simple, I do have a reason to live."

17. mad brad

mad brad Guest

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Awww, that is so sweet. :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If that ain't some of the sappiest shit I've ever read.... :D

20. JLG

JLG Well-Known Member

Ain't it Great!