1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PAIR Valve elimination

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Motofun352, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

When I built my '13 GSXR 750 I left the air valve and O2 sensor intact. I'm having second thoughts on this and thinking I want to delete it. Just because it's a PIA and always in the way. If I do this I know I need to get block off plates and plug the O2 sensor bung. I think I also need to fake out the ECU and probably redo the ECU mapping. Anything else?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you can just bypass the PAIR by connecting both reed valves together and capping the hole in the airbox from the cylinder head port. The O2 sensor shouldnt present any problems removing it.
    You have an aftermarket or stock exhaust?

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Aftermarket exhaust with a doodad on the servo.

4. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

If you have the stock mapping in the ECU and a full exhaust, you should go ahead and get it tuned and the O2 sensor can be disabled then. Removing it wont hurt anything really anyways, it's just going to force the ECU to use it's default maps and probably light up the service engine light (until disabled in the ECU).

Alternatively, you can find a resistor that has the same resistance as telling the ECU that the AFR is 14.7 always, and it will effectively negate the O2 sensor. Put that resistor on the plug wires to the ECU from the o2 sensor connector. Note here, the stock O2 sensor has no bearing on full throttle performance, only trims cruise and low-throttle input fueling.