1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paid Protesters: This is getting ridiculous

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by adrenalist, Feb 19, 2017.

1. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

Reading between the lines here.

This report...
    http://www.uakron.edu/dotAsset/0834a1ab-72dd-4bad-9b0f-45e2a7d835c9.pdf
    ...states that they are comprised of "...paid staff and volunteers...".

The main story states that volunteers "...go through a six-week training program...". Is that paid? Because I would certainly think it would be.

Obama's "Organzing for Action" group has received 40mm in donations since 2013. Where is the money going?

Due to how they're registered, they don't have to show anything internal on their finances. So until someone internally blows a whistle, we won't know. But for now, Democratic state leaders are calling this move by Obama, and I quote, "Grade A bullshit".

I couldn't agree more.

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

3. Capitalview

Capitalview Well-Known Member

Article cites no sources for where the Obama quote came from. Why not print a copy, or provide a link, to the pamphlet.

Reeks of high school journalism.

4. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

5. Capitalview

Capitalview Well-Known Member

Umm, that just says democrats don't like OFA. It doesn't mention the pamphlet or Obama quote I was referring to.

I follow daily wire on twitter. They completely ignore anything negative about the current administration. I follow them to try to get a full perspective of what is going on, not just MSM. But it gets increasingly hard to follow if they refuse to mention anything Trump doesn't want to hear.

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

And yet the news media is getting less and less powerful due to its continuous lying. This has been going on for a long time (do some research on the Tet Offensive and the news stories that covered it). However now there is more sources so lying is getting harder.

Further many of the 'great' sources of old have a history that is not good. Such as support of Hitler early on and other heinous stuff.

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Walter Duranty. May he fry in hell.

8. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if McCain's statement made in Germany is connected to any real danger. He made a statement about Governments, or leaders, trying to denigrate the media (to control them) the way that dictators get started. He actually is right. Leaders of the past that became dictators did indeed reach a point of controlling the press.
    It seems that a lot of people are down on the media because of their propensity to make up stories, bend the truth about stories, and generally become pains in the ass. More and more people are suggesting that the media be punished when they distort the truth. Can that be a dangerous thing? Hating what they're doing is not necessarily a bad thing but, as much as we might hate the media that lies, we should still be afraid of shutting them down. The problem is that we don't really know when any of them lie until later on. Who's to say which ones we shut down? :(

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO, McCain is doing anything he can to stay relevant, and failing.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  10. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

they have had full control of it all along.

the press has, for the most part, always been a closed source system. now with the internet we are seeing glimpses of open source news for the first time.

the battle we all find ourselves in at this time IMO is ultimately open source vs closed source.

said another way, mankind vs corporations or honorable society vs secret society.

11. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

This is a long watch......but it is a horrifying documented truth of the Pure Raw Evil that exists in people, and also people in Gubbmnts of the US.
    Sociopaths run the world, and they do not have souls....they are capable of Sadistic acts on innocent people.

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The problem is sorting out which sources are open, which are "closed". Also either one can be full of those that tell lies, people trying to move their individual agenda forward, and general nut cases. There is just too much information available and it is too hard to tell what is worth looking at.

13. sheepofblue

Easy ALL OF THEM. Not a single one is without bias or error. So look at a variety before drawing conclusions then apply the BS filter. If the BS detector goes off do some more looking to see if you can find details. None of this was possible 10 years ago to the degree that is fairly simple today. Oh and turn off the idiot box.

14. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The problem I see is main stream news sources reporting journalistic opinion as fact.

And then this

:stupid:

15. sheepofblue

Oh and I left out one thing. If the story sounds over the top pause for an hour or two. A perfect example is the Obama charged with treason thread. While a single organization could have hit it first (and that is even unlikely) it would hit the top of every provider in the US and a good many around the world fairly quick. At that point the details would be dodgy and the bias off the charts but it would at least verify that some event happened.

16. jamilrahman

jamilrahman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Lol- the white lady in the bottom left loves "blacks for trump"