1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paging Rich Smith Moore or Aaron Stephenson

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by 50Joe, May 24, 2003.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I convinced a friend of mine to get back in racing via the Formula RD route (he works at a local bike shop so he doesn't have much money). Anyway, he is very familiar with RD's. He just didn't realize WERA had classes that he could race on the cheap and be competitive.

So, he's looking for a Formula RD bike to buy. Cost is definitely an issue. Post here or e-mail me directly if you guys have a bike to sell (or anyone else for that matter). He wants to start with a bike that is already set up and not a piece of junk.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

carl anderson may be selling his.

3. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

Fomula RD

If he can't find a built one why not get a stocker, clean it up, strip and wire it, new tires, chain and rings and go racing. Can always build on it. As long as it's safe, why not?

4. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

It's already spoken for.

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Re: Fomula RD

That's an option, but you always save money buying a built bike ;) .

6. krodaddy

krodaddy Well-Known Member

Joe, what about Norm in Greenville ? I think he has a couple of them. I believe one is race ready and the other is still in street trim.

7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thanks Barry. Last I checked he wanted too much for them IMO. Maybe he would be more flexible now. I'll have to give him a call.

8. 191k

191k Well-Known Member

RD

Attn. 595Joe

This ad is in the classified section of "weravintage.org"

It's not set up like you wanted, but looks like it could be! In fact if the price was right it could be just what your looking for!

Posted by Nick Nicolini on 19:44:41 5/26/2003 from 24.56.28.6:
    Hello;

Our main goal it parting with this old friend is to get it a good home, someone who will appreciate it for what it is.

This is basically the very short list. I must first begin by saying this bike has not been running for 10+ years although it was running when we put it away. It has been stored in our garage the entire time but is dusty. I have about 20 photos I can send you of all the items. We have Stock and aftermarket parts and lots of extras.

1979 RD400F complete
    1978 RD400E disassembled from a complete bike.
    Toomey pipes
    Work performance shocks
    Aluminum European Gas tank
    2 Don Vesco rapid transit solo seats
    1 Don Vesco rapid transit fairing
    1 Race only fairing
    Tomaselli Gold clip-on's
    Fork brace
    Aluminum Swingarm
    3 pair of stock wheels
    Rearsets
    2 Stroke Reference books
    Many spare parts.

I'll stop here otherwise it will not be the short list. Price is negotiable, the good home is very important.

We are in Phoenix Arizona email me for more info and photos.

thanks

9. Chris Stevenson

Chris Stevenson Hell I like you!

Joe check your email.

I've got a 74 350 that I raced last year.

Avon Tires
    Built by Vintage Specialties (Lyn Garland)
    PVL Ignition
    EGT
    Mild porting and motor work
    Steering damper
    Clubman bars
    Brass swingarm bushings
    Steering head bearings
    Motor was gone through mid way last year
    Finished 3rd on it last year at the GNF
    Tank has some dings but could be painted
    Pipes are DG with some dings on the left one
    Braided brake line
    Front wheel and caliper reversed for a little better braking feel

10. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thanks for the info guys. Please e-mail me any pics you have along with pricing. The guy looking for a bike is Gary (don't know last name) at Grady Miller's in Greenville, SC. He is the service manager there.

11. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

I may have one.

If you are still looking, can you shoot me an email. A guy here wants to trade me one for a Monster I have. I would only do it for the sake of selling it, and I know very little about them. Apparently it is ready, but never seen the track.

[email protected]