1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owls!

Discussion in 'General' started by Dits, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

It's been below 40 here for three days.

It's finally warming up and it's in the mid 50's right now. Having been cold, the owls are going nuts calling to each other.

I fucking love owls! Coolest bird ever. They are non-stop entertainment at my house eating squirrels and fruit rats and shit.

I'm having a ball listening to them calling to each other in the pines and the oaks. Haw, haw, haw, hoooooooo!

Owls rock. That is all. :up: Owls.

sharkattack and SpeedyE like this.
  2. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

A one
    A two
    A three...crack

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dude we have a flock of the things around here too. Bitching at each other all night. I don't recall quite this many back in NC. I'll step out and spotlight them from time to time. They don't seem to mind.

One night back in NC I was leaving the deer stand and happened to look up to see a Great Horned perched in perfect silhouette to the moon. Epic. Another time I was in the stand during daylight and one flew past me at level. Eerily silent. I could hear other birds of any size glide past but owls make no noise whatsoever.

4. Dits

Correction on the temp. Just went outside for a smoke. 40's for sure.

But the owls are still hooting and screeching and barking.

Cool! Owls are thick in Florida. They're on the utility pole by my driveway. In the big pine in the neighbor's yard. And rampant in the ancient camphor tree in my backyard.

5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Back behind my buddy's house where we play music we saw an owl fight, it was the loudest wildest wildlife experience I've ever seen. We promptly wrote a song entitled "owl fight". So yes, owls do rock.

Last year a baby owl fell from it's nest and we called the local wildlife experts, they said to leave it be...we fed it raw meat/fish, and it survived hopping around the driveway for almost a month; it and momma still live in the forest behind my folk's house.:up:

6. Dits

If I ever found a baby owl, I'd hand feed it and tame it and take it to my office with me.

I'd be way cool seeing clients with an owl on my shoulder.

How many licks?

Dits hearts owls.

7. Inquizid

Mental picture =:crackup::crackup::crackup:

8. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Slow night, eh Dits?

9. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Dits.....what the fuck is wrong with you? :D

10. TheUncannyJ

TheUncannyJ Well-Known Member

:crackup:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Must not be any Molly Ringwald movies on...

12. Inquizid

I sense a Harvey Birdman reference somewhere here...
    Dit's you got an eye-patch and a pipe?

Your honor, if it so pleases the court, it seems as if the man of the owl is a bit of a night hour.
    AHA double entendre!

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

At least he didn't start a thread saying he'd lick Paula Deans butthole!

Birds of prey rule!

14. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

i love hooters! wait....we are talkin about f*ckin birds?!?! pshhh im out...

15. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I had birds of prey when I was in high school. Had a barn owl that would scratch on the back slider to come in the house. Got a photo somewhere of me mowing the lawn with the owl perched on my hat. Owls are cool!!!

16. Dits

Do I not entertain you? :crackup:

The owls really were making quite the racket last night. I never get tired of them.

17. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Fuuny shit:

I lived in Palm Coast for a bit and my neighbor had a cousin from Deland and he called him self ThE Natural Born Red NEcK LOLOLOLOLOLOL :crackup:

18. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I don't care what them other dudes say, that made me laugh and was a nice way to wake up.

Yeah, owls are cool. We've got a couple of great horned owls that call to each other all summer by the house. You can hear screech owls sometimes as well. It's been pretty cold everywhere so I'm thinking if we get lucky we might get to see a snowy owl. They'll come down this far south from 'Canadia' if it gets real cold, real early in the season.

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Alexa, do you guys have many bald eagles around you?

20. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

We've seen a few as far south as Milwaukee here, but up north we would see them regularly when out for a drive or fishing on the lakes.