1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OTA Motogp cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by Quicktoy, Mar 9, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

good news maybe WERA could hold a 1 off round right on 6th with those escooters

TX Joose likes this.
  2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I dont know. I am a salesperson, not a virologist.

meme I just saw that appears to be accurate. Checking the "facts" now.

[​IMG]

Newyork, auminer and Banditracer like this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thanks Dave. That is far more commentary than I expected to my response to the other Dave.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Just announced. Cota is postponed till November

5. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

If they had just checked my thread they could have saved themselves some time.

Senna, Newyork, Blammo and 2 others like this.
  7. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

COTA are stand-up folks. They offer full refunds if submitted by July 1. I'll take the reschedule - racing in mid-November in Texas is just fine by me. Good for COTA.

BTW Mr. Quicktoy . . . it is not cancelled. It is merely postponed . . . for the time being.

Cheers,

Dave

Phl218 and Quicktoy like this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

They had to push back Valencia by a week.

Michelin will to develop extra cold tyres....

9. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I kinda wanna go in November. Problem is that's a tough time for work, and is COTA going to offer a second round refunds if that November event ends up cancelled as well?

I'll give them a call this week and report back.

83BSA likes this.
  10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

100% agree. This will be an extremely unusual season. I think we're not likely to see any racing for at least 3 or 4 more months. Dorna is talking a good game but the writing is on the wall. Either the entire season will be a wash or they're going to have to get super creative to make it 13 races for a WC. I think we might see them rotate among 4 or 5 Euro tracks toward the end of the year and fuck the rest. Hard decisions coming for Dorna soon.

11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This. Only way we have a season at all is if they just use a track or several tracks in the late season. They have to decide it soon too.

How many insurance companies is this thing going to kill alongside actual people?

Senna likes this.
  12. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

99.7% cure rate for those under 50. Rossi better hide out on the ranch...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do take it seriously, just as I do the flu... I have never seen an event cancelled because of the flu.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not remotely close.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet, maybe I'll roadtrip to our Willow round and hit COTA on the way over.

16. Circacee

Real quick, I purchased on MotoGP`s site not COTAs. Anyone have insight on the refund process?

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Wait. You are telling us all about 1918, and you can't remember 2009?

TX Joose likes this.
  18. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think the refund process is "if they don't hold the event in November". Hah

19. Circacee

NOICE.

Fuckers.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

Other than quarantines, cancelling mass gathering events and people implementing / increasing their personal hygiene, what other actions can or should be taken?