1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT: Announcement

Discussion in 'General' started by Eck, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

Just wanted to let all of my racing friends know that I got engaged on Friday 2/17/2006. :D No date set as of yet, but the wedding won't be until 2007. I will invite as many of you as I can ;)
    For those of you that do know me, thanks for all of your support over the past few seasons. The Heavy Penny Crew and that 'Other' Crew (you know who you are ;) ) helped me out alot and pretty much kept me alive (and definitely entertained) and my fiance` is very thankful for that!! Hopefully I'll be back on the track soon!

2. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Congrats to you! :)

3. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

welcome to the dark side:beer:

4. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

My condolenc ... er, congratulations! :D

Let me pass on the BEST advice given to me by my Best Man though:

Just remember one thing and you'll be fine - it's HER day, not yours.

:beer:

- Roach

5. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If all I did was date strippers my whole life, I'd expect to marry the first girl I dated that wasn't a stripper.

Well done Eck, shocking, but well done. :up:

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Congrats Eck!

(just make sure you cover your race expectations together before saying "i do") ;)

7. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Congrats Eck! So, you making it to BeaveRun? If so then the first round is on me.

8. Eck

Thanks for the kind words all.

Racing plans are to race when we can and when we can afford it. Family is gonna come first, so no more racing on credit ;)

Larry, not sure if I can make it to BeaveRun or not. If I do, I'll definitely have a beer with ya.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Welp, make sure and come watch since you won't be doing it anymore.

("no more racing on credit" ... <shaking head> )

:D

10. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Congrats. Marriage is great if you are married to the right person. :D

We don't race on credit....cash only. You are very smart to go that way.

11. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Congrats Adam.. Good on ya :up:

12. lfg929

lfg929 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dug a big hole last year racing entirely on credit. Got them cleared off and am not going to do it this year. I don't mind piling up a little debt on the credit cards but most of it needs to be cash this year.

13. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Congratulations, wonderful news!

14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Congrats Eck!!

I still think all women are the Devil, but I'm sure it will work out for you. :D :beer:

15. Resident Plarp

Can't be all that bad. She got him to shave and spend the night in a hotel instead of hanging out on the range er, I mean paddock with the shocker crew.

16. Eck

Aside from all the 'other' fringe benefits, I haven't done a load of laundry or dishes in longer than I can remember! She definitely takes care of me! :D

17. Resident Plarp

Careful now, that might change with the added insurance that they call marriage.

How come ya haven't been on the BBS so much ???

18. Eck

I've been lurking... Just haven't had a whole lot to discuss since I don't have a bike anymore and even when I'd normally post something around here, there's so many other active people that its tough to actually add something new to a conversation. I guess I've just gotten lazy and just read instead of respond. Starting to get burnt out on the forum thing, too. Everyone has a forum now and ya just get tired of it after a while, but I HAVE to keep up with the WERA community, or I think I might actually die ;)

19. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Come on out to the Beaver and you can sleep in one of my chairs!!

20. Eck

Haha! I don't know if I can sleep outside on anything but the original racin' recliner... But if you feed me enough Yuengling I'd be willing to try :D