1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OT: 2nd Job

Discussion in 'General' started by Eck, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

I may have to face the reality that I may have to get a 2nd job.

Anyone have any ideas for a no-brainer 2nd shift type of position? I've done my time waiting tables and don't think I can go back, but I guess anything's game at this point.

Funny experiences and other suggestions are welcome, too!

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Pimpin'!!! You get to have a good time and your own hours

3. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

If you have a car that gets good gas mileage, delivering pizza isn't too bad. You get a minimum of having to deal with people etc. (I'm talking about the idiot you work for here) because you're driving around alot.

4. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

Big chain hotel front desk attendant. Have a couple friends who do that as a 2nd job. Flexible schedules and discounts on out-of-area hotel locations.

5. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

How about being an MSF instructor???

6. GrantMLS

GrantMLS Well-Known Member

I did hotel for a while - meet some intersting people. My last 2nd job was at home depot - pay was actually a lot better then i thought i was gonna get (11.50 /hr - 2 years ago) and basically helped people make beer bongs (Plumbing) don't get a discount :rolleyes: but get first bids on a lot of clearance items.

7. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I'm considering this, not for the money, but more to promote motorcycling. Our local MSF chapter seems to be a little "lacking" - I'm having a hard time getting in touch with someone to tell me more about it.

8. Trent

Trent I just wanna ride motorcycles and eat pizza

Tend bar

9. Shingle Monkey

Shingle Monkey Schuck, Schuck

I know a local roofing company that pays cash...not much 2nd shift though

10. VTRDarren

VTRDarren Well-Known Member

11. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

you sap...:Poke:

12. Lawn Dart

I'm serious... The MSF program here in Richmond is just about non-existent. Plus, I could earn a little bit of extra money doing it....

Come to my class, I'll teach you a thing or two. :D

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

"Crashing Doh-0-1"?

14. Lawn Dart

And how to do it safely. :D

15. pmoravek

pmoravek Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking of trying the MSF thing too.
    There is a six to ten month waiting period up here!!!

Ain't that UN-FRIGGIN' REAL???

16. Eck

Eck Older, wiser, but still addicted to roadracing

I was just looking it up...looks like you need a street(able) bike to take the cert class :(

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Two pages and no one has said the magic words:

DING! Fries are done!

18. asdgirl

asdgirl Member

Try Dog Daycare places. I too have been looking for a second job and it's tough goings! I got an interview at one and hopefully I'll know tomorrow if they want to keep me.

I only know of one that wouldn't hire me for weekends only because they wanted you to get to know the dogs, all the others would LOVE to have people work weekends. Hell, the one I interviewed with was looking for an overnight assistant (make sure nothing happens to the dogs) and that was just what I was looking for. That and the weekend work is perfect.

I don't know if they have any/a lot of dog daycare places but here in Atlanta we are swamped with them .. and they are ALL doing well.

Good luck! I have been searching for months and this is the closest I have come to being hired.

How can it be so hard to find WEEKEND work ? I'm willing to do almost anything (no waiting tables) and still, nothing! ;)

19. f4iman78

f4iman78 Member

2nd job

I have been experimenting with part time jobs since I am planning to go pack to school. A good suggestion would be valet parking. I tried it and made decent money. Just depends on the type of area you live in. I live in Atl,so there are tons of expensive restaurants and clubs. Good luck.

20. asdgirl

asdgirl Member

Re: 2nd job

Hmm never thought about it. Only problem is that I can't get to the job until atleast 7PM and the dinner crowd normally starts before then.

However, the busiest times are the weeeeeekends... thanks for the tip! ;)

(I'm assuming it was to the thread creator and not me but thanks anyway!) :up: