1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original CBR900RR's $$$

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn A., Dec 14, 2021.

1. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Hey RD....that's an RZ. ;) See, those RD's have little finny things sticking out of the motor....

rd400racer likes this.
  2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Oh, like this, eh? I keep wondering why I have to add water to one of these bikes and not the other. Damn, I'm glad that's sorted out. Thanks bro!:D

[​IMG]

3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Pish posh...everyone knows it's not a real RD unless you've got DG radial heads on it.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I actually had a set of gold DG's on it at one time, it just looked too pimp for a race bike:D

Rdrace42 likes this.
  5. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

One of my first bikes was a '75 RD125C. Stock it went 64 mph with a tailwind. Got a job at a bike shop, learned to do motor work, and built the crap out of it (for the time). Hand ported, RD200 carbs, J&R pipes, clubman bars. First time out, got a ticket for 104mph in a 45, and spent an afternoon in jail. Nobody believed me until I produced the ticket.

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Bet you were smiling all afternoon anyways :D

7. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Well, I was really happy with the results of the modifications. Being in jail? Not so much. I never saw the cop shooting radar, as he was actually below the roadway in a ditch. By the time I saw him behind me, I had probably traveled at least a half mile, so he popped me for fleeing. He was quite displeased, to the point of punching me in the side of my head. He was even MORE displeased after that, as I had on a full face helmet. He wrote me for 26 tickets.

8. cha0s#242

Holy shit, wow.

9. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

What fine state did this take place?:)

10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

The fine state of Illinoise. Hey, I totally deserved a few of the tickets. Almost 60 over is going to bag you a reckless charge no matter what. Fleeing? I didn't see him (as I was in a tuck and trying to max my speed), so that was unfair. He definitely got creative though. I was also a smartass, so that didn't help. I asked him if he was going to give me a volume discount.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

C'mon man, you can't leave us hangin'. How'd that turn out ? :D

12. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

$1800 lawyer fee, $2200 court costs and fines, guilty on 4, they threw out the rest. Surprisingly, they downgraded the speeding ticket so it wasn't a felony (i think that was what the deal was at that speed). One of the tickets was failure to stop at a stop sign, of which there were NONE on that stretch of road. They found me guilty on that one, and I'm about to complain, and my lawyer kicks me and says 'pick your battles' out of the corner of his mouth. Good advice. So speeding, reckless driving, exhibition of speed, and running an imaginary stop sign. On the positive side, I got a lowly RD125 to do over 100mph, which I'm still proud of. I think the fines were way high for those violations, but I'm guessing it was punishment for the things I didn't get nailed for. Like being an idiot. Stuff like that is why I ended up racing, as I was going to die on the road. Thinking of how expensive that was for a kid of 16 (this was 1978), and I paid that out of pocket btw, I had no idea what expensive was until I started racing.

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:bow:

I was 16 in 1978 too. $ 4000 was real money back then.

14. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I actually loved my parent's reaction (though didn't then). "we're sorry you chose to do that. Good luck sorting it out". Pretty fair if you ask me.

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Did the smiling begin before, during or after his prison stint? :Poke:

16. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Mine aren't quite that nice. But still, 52K is an impressive number!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    cBJr likes this.
  17. USracer900

18. cha0s#242

That's retahded !

ToofPic and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  19. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

People are looking for assets that will hold their value against inflation. Not sure CBR900RR is it. RWB sure is purty tho'.

20. USracer900