1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion topic @ RRW site

Discussion in 'General' started by TX racer, Jan 11, 2001.

1. TX racer

TX racer Well-Known Member

JU-
    Absolutely right on! I think that you and most of the privateers or even the semi-supported teams agree w/ your position.
    I think if you get a "factory" deal you shouldn't get TH. practice. What the hell has happened to AMRT? Did it disolve, I know you're not a proponent of AMRT but shouldn't they be able to do something? Can the privateer start their own org. to help w/ testing and a collective voice? I think it might be time for an informal letter w/ signature(s) like @ Mid-Ohio to the AMA directors...just a thought...opinions?

2. julrich

julrich Well-Known Member

I joined AMRT when it was formed, when, circa 1993? But it soon became apparent that it was not going to be the force for change that it could be, so I quit. It turned into a T-shirt sales cooperative and eventually faded away.

All that is really needed is some common sense and communication between AMA Pro Racing and what it calls "stakeholders" but what its staffers treat like merde. Some people at AMA talk about all these changes they're gonna make, but the whole deal moves with the speed of a glacier, and I'm still waiting on stuff they told me was gonna get handled six months ago. I am convinced they need some drastic staff changes, like now, and some real movement forward, immediately.

I say let anybody who wants to practice on Thursday, practice. The current restrictions are not the sort of thing a sanctioning body should be in on, anyway.

But what do I know?