1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Online Forms - Suggestions

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk518, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Once again, looking to the BBS for knowledge, recommendation.

I am currently tasked with arriving at an online form solution for our work group.

I started with a Matrix to help with my online review of several providers:
    Wufoo
    123FormsContact
    Google Forms
    Formstack
    TypeForm
    Etc.

Reviewing online reviews is not providing me any confidence.

I am asking for anyone to share opinion or experience.

We are not limited by free services. We can incur cost to implement.

We already have Procore, in use and we have gain confidence and results but need to look at significant ways to communicate on linear progress on a timely manner (as close as possible to real-time).

In advance, thank you.

CSGM

2. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Damn. The BBS is silent on this one? :)

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The bbs forgot its babel fish. :moon:

Hawk518 likes this.
  4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Don't you have an igloo to build?

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's woman's work. :D

6. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, but I suspect some in the know might be having an issue I'm having: I'm struggling to conceive a situation where something as focused as Procore can be successfully augmented by something as nondescript as any 'online form solution.'

What kind of information are you capturing with your form? Who's punching it in and who's looking at it and why?

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I will follow with the same disclaimer, "non-expert," this was our first year on Procore. The challenge that we are having is that Procore is not really set up for linear work. We have had some discussions, ongoing.

The form on Procore do not meet our need to capture progress linearly.
    Date, Activity, Start Station, End Station, Total Footage, Foreman, Weather, Comments, etc.

For most other need's we are committed to Procore, Issue/Change Management, Subs, Budget, Invoice.

Again, we have had several call with Procore and they have not been able to provide the tool that we need to provide reporting per industry standard. They have promised to provide more linear support in the future (or in the works). We are actually scheduled to attend a seminar on December 1st.

CSGM

8. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Gotcha. My experience is in environments like SharePoint/InfoPath (hard to share outside the enterprise without other services), Proprietary applications, or more recently google.

I hate google's execution of most of their apps, but it is pretty easy to put together forms, and share, approve and track via "sheets."

I think you could make it work, but unfortunately I can't compare to any of the others you listed, sorry.

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Thanks Rhino.

I have used Google Forms; mostly, to conduct lessons learned surveys. I can make it work with Google Forms to feed our reports via Excel and Tableau.

Now, if I can only convince my group on March Charts. :)