1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On This Day in 2006

Discussion in 'General' started by scottn, Oct 29, 2019.

1. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

One of those days where you remember everything.......where you were, what you were wearing, the feeling of watching that man realize his biggest dream.

Incredible.

evakat and scottn like this.
  3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

4. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I have an RC51 windscreen he signed for me in 2006 when he was in SoCal after he won. He used the number 1 instead of 69. Awesome.

bigtime, BigBird, Shocker and 4 others like this.
  5. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

6. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Man, I still remember that race like it was yesterday. When Rossi threw it away, I knew Nicky was going to win it and then Pedro riding behind Nicky protecting his spot made me forgive him for taking Nicky out at Estoril.

I had to have surgery on the day Nicky passed away. I remember waking up from the anesthesia and my fiancee telling me that Nicky passed away. I just couldn't believe it, I was bed ridden for the next week as part of my recovery, so I rewatched the 2005 Laguna race and the entire 2006 season. :(

BigBird and scottn like this.
  7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That was an amazing championship and moment in racing history. Nicky worked his whole life for that moment, so awesome!

Yzasserina and BigBird like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Last American MotoGP Champ. :flag:

scottn and Shocker like this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RIP Nicky, still hard to believe. Sure doesn't seem like it was 13 years ago.

I remember Nicky talking to the media at a promotional day at Indy months before they raced there. He rode an old 1900s racebike, even dressed in 1900 era racing attire. Then made a few laps on a race prepped CBR1000rr painted red/white/blue. He was so proud to be promoting that race, he loved Indy.

scottn and pscook like this.