1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Kubota parts (Salvage)

Discussion in 'General' started by tzrider, Nov 18, 2017.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So my now deceased father bought this Kubota Tractor about 25 years ago.

The brothers still use it a lot and one of the boom cylinders has sprung a leak. The end piece holding the seals broke and sort of re-met its purchaser...

It was kind of amusing having the Kubota parts guy trying to explain to an owner of a TZ what 'NLA' meant....

Neither cylinder nor the end piece are available and for the life of me, I can't find a salvage shop with those parts...

The Tractor was a L2250 with a BF400G loader. Any leads out there?

Meanwhile I'm looking to remachine a replacement.

TIA

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If it's just a hydraulic cylinder shouldn't be any big deal to replace it. Piston diameter, overall length and stroke should be all you need. Any farm eq. dealer should be able to get you one.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well, so much for Kubota....I was just at the New Holland (ie Ford) dealer looking for a rear hydraulic kit for my 25 yo Ford 2120....Still available. Only problem is it's $1800! Knew I should've bought that option when I bought the tractor. To your original question, there are many tractor junk yards around and some actually know what they've got in stock. Fry's is my local yard, near Hughesville PA. Google for your locality if you didn't already....

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If you are speaking about the gland but, we get those remade at a place that rechromes for us. If you cant find a tractor place, maybe a forklift place? If you are near s. Cal, I will help you.