1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK, you Impeachment proceeding scholars...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by K51000, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

As of now there is no way to "get" Trump, because if there were, he would be getting got.

2. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Politics is 100% hypocrisy. I mean, it's politics.

3. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I still don't see any rebuttal to the Foreign aspect of this. Trump is profiting from foreign government money while still in office. Yes, that makes a difference. The Emoluments clause doesn't say anything about taking money from a foreign government after you leave office.

Do I personally think he is guilty of violating the Emoluments clause? I have no idea. I would have to spend a bunch of time studying case law and reviewing all the evidence. I don't have time for the former or access to the latter. As stated previously, there may not be sufficient evidence to convict, but I certainly think that there is enough to impeach if the political will is there.

Also if you think having SS guys following your every move for the rest of your life is a benefit, I suggest you read up on it from those that have been there. It is a PITA.

Correct, because the Republicans control the Senate and there isn't enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt, and there probably won't be. The Democrats would need a case so airtight that moderate Republicans in the senate would have to vote to convict or lose their seats in 2020. So unless Muller really turns over a big surprise, that isn't going to happen.
    Yep, without a doubt. There is much of that in DC and this would be no exception.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Wait.... You mean to tell me that he ain't a Messkin???

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

There would have to be some sort of correlation between foreign government personnel purposely using Trump properties in exchange for preferential treatment. That just isn't the case.

If you want to see a true violation of the Emoluments clause, look no further than HRC and The Clinton Foundation.

6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Don't confuse Objective facts with their opinions LOL

WHAT IS HE WAITING ON? HE'S GOT NUTH'N! Fire his ass abd be done with it! ALL THE WHILE THE MSM IS A BONA FIDE FACTION OF THE DEMONCRAP PARTY. Why can't demoncraps actually use real objective logic? TDS- it's a known medical disorder- in the DSM-5. OK, it's probably not, but it should be.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If he hadn't received such "favor", would he have had to argue the definition of the word "is"?

Slimey bastard...would that be a more accurate reason?

8. ton

ton Arf!

Not to speak for Mr. Sapsis, but the blowjob wasn't the impeachable offense.

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Does 1/1024 count?

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Correct. When they asked him about it he should have just said, “hell yes”, then whipped it out and asked if they wanted to suck it too!

11. fastfreddie

No BJ, no resultant impeachable offense.
    Is the BJ not what he ended up lying about?

12. ton

ton Arf!

of course it was. but it's a distinction with an important difference in the context of this thread.

that is, no impeachment proceedings are going to be brought against 45 for "being an asshole." but proof of lying to a formal inquiry would be potential grounds. as would obstruction of justice, if shown.

13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually Clinton was brought up on charges that were not getting a hummer. One was abuse of power where he used his office to interfere with prosecution like Nixon. Another was perjury. If Clinton did nothing why was he disbarred afterwards? The Senate chose to not remove him from office.

14. fastfreddie

This didn't happen over a BJ?
    (My rationalized defense, I was out of country during most of Clinton's time in office.)
    The media's coverage/exploitation of this indiscretion is the only thing I recall about his presidency. Musta been deflecting the real issue, meaning, the other stuff really was an issue.

I wonder if this went thru Bill's mind...
    "Oh, shit. I've fucked up royally. Better do something to distract the masses."
    :D

15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope it was man that judge is hot wonder if I could get some after this is over.

16. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

just want to mark this so I can find this in two years. If re-elected I don't see a land slide

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You say that like no-one in the US gov't had anything to do with those planes flying into those buildings...

That's cute that you believe that.

Prospect likes this.
  19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Inside job by the globalists and deep state.

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yeaaaa I'm holding off from believing our Government was behind 9/11.....sorry to disappoint. I'll give weight to the birther conspiracies before that one.