1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK Here goes... My bands Website

Discussion in 'General' started by EXKid, Feb 18, 2006.

1. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

I know that this is gonna come back to bite me but, here is the link to my bands website. We are called Husky and we drink beer and rock out... for the purpose of drinking beer and rocking out.

www.huskyrock.com

There's 3 songs on there that will be on our CD comming out at the end of March when we play at the Milestone here in Charlotte.

http://www.myspace.com/huskyrock

Our Myspace page with some more songs.

Fire away, I can take it...:D

2. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

I tried downloading the MP3 and it won't let me, what type of music, and how long have you guys been playing?

Joey DiMaio from Manowar is always looking for new bands for his label Magic Circle Music , the band Bludgeon are close friends of mine too, they live a few blocks away from me, that's how I met Manowar, they came to their house to audition. I won't guarantee anything, but you can try, he said it does not necessarily have to be heavy metal, as long as the band has their stuff together and are serious.:D

3. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Tremolo and reverbalicious!!!!

4. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

Tried downloading the mp3 from where? Myspace or the huskyrock page? I use Firefox browser, I'll check it out and fix if neccessary, however if you aren't bandwidth stricken, the stuff should play when the website comes up.
    Let me look.

5. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

I don't think it is you, I just downloaded the new Windows Media player and am having problems with that. Don't worry about it, I'll have to see what is going on from my end. But the site looks good, I didn't mention before.

6. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

I have McAffe and found downloading things difficult unless I disabled the Spamkiller or Privacy function, a little risky I know but it makes things run much faster.
    Thanks by the way. Not really looking for label support, (though it's a possibility, doubt that there is much they can do for us as we don't have much time to tour.

As far as descriptions go, I've heard The Outlaws, Robin Trower, Deep Purple, a bunch of stuff that doesn't seem to go together. Oh, it's instrumental too.

7. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

I love Robin Trower, saw him play with my brother long time ago.:D

8. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Suzy that sounded GAY :D :Poke:

9. Shenanigans

Sounds pretty good :up: any lyrics??:beer:

10. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

Well, how else should I have said that, silly, no I'm not gay, thanks. :D

Although I do have a few encounters that I can't say here on the grounds that they may incrimidate me :D

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  11. Shenanigans

I was talking about the dude "playing with your bro":D :Poke:

:wow: on your other quote. Hate i missed them:D

12. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

I saw Robin Trower play at Grant Park, my brother took me (does that sound better), oh I see, that does sound gay, silly me! :D

13. Shenanigans

You having a blonde moment???:D

14. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Banned

I just woke up from a nice little nap, don't have full body function yet, give it a few, thanks.:D

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

I had an amp that sounded like that, but I got it fixed. J/K :D :Poke:

What effects are you using? External reverb/echo or just the amp? Years ago I had an Ampeg Echojet that could make your teeth rattle. :up:

Good luck with the gig!

16. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Very cool.

17. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Nice work....:clap:

18. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Very nice. Its like Dick Dale meets Johnny Cash, sounds like music from a Robert Rodriguez movie.

19. EXKid

EXKid Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've been out of town goofing off...

I play bass, guitar player uses some Electro Harmonix stuff Small Stone, Holy Grail, Memory Man, Vox Wah and of course the MatAmp...

20. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Good driving music! I can sure hear the Trower influence!

Let me know when it comes out, I may have to pick up a copy.

Ever look at cdbaby.com? I don't know much about it, but have found a few of the people I used to play with selling stuff on there...