1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ok all you lefties need your help

Discussion in 'General' started by HFD1Motorsports, Dec 20, 2013.

1. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

rt arm is tied up for several weeks how do you do it? typing was hard with my right hand. BUT they have patched up the shoulder with no torn bicept. I have a chair that moves the arm for me so we will see how long it takes to recover.

2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Use the other side of your brain

3. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I would untie my right arm. Seriously. My left arm is more for looks, its not really functional at all

4. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

This. Unless you're a real wanker, it should be no problem. Just concentrate, be he ball, etc. :D

5. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

well wanking could a problem too:)

6. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

This will teach you to cross train. ;)

7. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I've had so many injuries to my dominant shoulder/arm/elbow/wrist/fingers that I'm somewhat ambidextrous.

How many of you intentionally use your non-dominant hand often, in anticipation of being wounded?

8. It's not. When you use the other hand, it feels like someone else is doing it :D

9. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I do. For the same reason as you.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Not in anticipation of being wounded but just to develop myself. I can write, shoot free throws, and do most normal things (yes, even spank it:up:) to an adequate level of competency with my left hand. The only thing I can't do for shit is throw a baseball hard and accurately - I can get one or the other but not both with my left hand..

11. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

The hardest thing is to wipe your butt with the wrong hand. Everything else I got by OK when I broke my wrist.

12. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Its easy.......when you write with your left hand but play sports with your right :D

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm right handed but I noticed this summer that any gloves that I wear to work in I always wear holes in the left one first. Either leather ones for outside work or mechanics gloves. When I noticed it I started checking any old gloves kicking around, all the same, lefts have more and bigger holes in them. WTF, makes no sense.

14. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Brushing your teeth is a challenge as well. It gets better over time, the more you use the left side the better it gets.

15. SVandST

SVandST Well-Known Member

I thought I was in the Dungeon when I read the title to this thread.

16. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

I am a lefty, but the term is "cross dominate" as in I write left-handed, but most everything else is done right handed. I know the mechanics and can use the "other hand" for most things, but not very well. You just have to concentrate and expend thought on one task at a time.

17. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

I'm the same way. My writing with my right looks horrible though.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Hold the toothbrush still and rapidly move your head around it ;)

19. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

I am righty but have always done probably 70% of everything lefty since I was a kid. Throw right bat left etc...

20. Luckily, all of my damage has been to my left arm. Broken collarbone twice, shattered wrist, torn UCL, avulsion fracture, etc all in my left arm. I have 3 surgeries pending on my left arm right now, im just trying to get in with the right doctor and get a gameplan for doing them all at once.

But i can do just about everything with my left hand due to injuries to my right hand while growing up due to boxing/fighting. I can't think of anything i can't do with my left hand, at least good enough to get me by. I can even play ping-pong left handed. :D