1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Dry?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cajun Kid, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

They should just change the name of that crap too "Oil if you ride over this crap with any type of speed you are gonna wad your shit up Dry"

Weekend wasn't all bad got into the 13's and got on the box in both my races.

Thank you to the Corner worker girl in turn 2 that helped me with my bike, and checked on me to make sure I was ok. You girls and guys rock.

Attached Files:

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

the obligatory...."that'll buff right out"

glad to hear you're ok

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Greensorb is a product that will actually absorb oil that suspended or mixed in water. I have given this product to a WERA and corner worker official to test for himself about 2 years ago. I have not heard anything back yet. Would have been perfect for Roebling this past weekend. If they are interested in testing, let me know.

Good to hear you are ok. And the cornerworkers are AWESOME!!!!

4. walladm

walladm #147

Man, that sucks! I just barely skirted that stuff on my out lap and it was really slick. From what I heard, turn two also had some deer poop Sunday morning, lol.

5. walladm

walladm #147

...but then again it could have been beaver poop.

6. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Yea....get that dust in your eyes it burns like a Mofo....

7. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It shouldn't be used on a track when you're racing bikes.
    Period.
    You might as well put sand on the track.
    There are better products. Hard to believe anyone still uses it.

8. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Fuckin Beaver sightins are up 67.98% at WERA events this year! :beer:

9. I can see the next WERA promotional flyer "come to a WERA race and you have almost a 70% chance of seeing Beaver".

:crackup:

10. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

With that kind of message being promoted, roadracing numbers should go through the roof.

:crackup:

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Damn Jason that sucks..... Good meeting and riding with you at CMP the weekend prior... Hope you get her fixed up soon...

Marc (The Old Bald dude on the Blue GSX-R you kept passing)

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are a number of products that take oil off of water, been using what we call fluffy stuff since the early 90's - however we don't have the money or ability to haul enough around with us to every event we run. We use what the tracks have on site.

Best way to clean oil on water is Dawn or Tide. Works better than even the absorbent mats and any other product I've tried.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Considering you have no idea what type of oil dry (the generic term used by everyone) was being used, you might want to shut up now ;)

14. In Your Corner

Hey, he said oil dry, which isn't a generic term.
    So what exactly were they using?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dawn is awesome.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Within the world of racing it sure as hell is a generic term.

Don't know which specific one and wouldn't post it if I did. ALl you'd do is try and come off as an expert on how dangerous everything is except your particular favorite. No point, you'll run your mouth, you'll end up looking dumb when it's all over, and in the meantime you have some people who don't know you believing the shit you post. Not going to happen when it comes to things about riders and their safety with WERA.

17. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

lightweight guys were out right after the short clean up Wera wokers did a ok job found a good inside line no issues after a few laps. Then big wreck and shut down for lunch and long clean up..then the rain hit I though we would have a mess but the workers did a great job and we were the first guys to test it out in the wet A plus job to the workers! Everyone was told where the oil was and what to expect if you wandered out there...A great heads up WERA has your back.....

18. In Your Corner

If you don't want to learn anything from me, fine, but maybe you could explain to the OP why he fell down in clean-up material, because that just shouldn't happen.
    I'd think you'd want to look into that so it doesn't happen in the future.
    No shame in making mistakes, just learn from them.

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

In liquid form? How is it used? You put some on, scrub and then do you bring out some more water and rinse it off or?

20. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

It happens....could have falling down on clean track too.