1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oil Comparison

Discussion in 'General' started by RAPTOR10, Feb 25, 2002.

1. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

Has anybody ever found a comparison for oils that is motorcycle specific?

Viscosities?

Brands?

Synthetic of Conventional?

Pros/Cons

Any info would be helpful

Thanks in advance

2. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

this horse has been rode hard here it the past few months you can just do a search in the past posts. The bottom line is everyone races the brand they feel works the best for them. It is like what kind of bike do you race thing. Oil companies can turn data around for them or to slam another brand. I use red line, alot of teams use royal purple spectrol oil is good the main thing is use a good oil that is made for wet clutchs and works in a gear box. Change it often and you will be fine. IMHO

3. RAPTOR10

RAPTOR10 A Predator Near you......

Thanks Huffdaddy,
    I wasn't tryinkg to beat a dead horse. I have read alot of data lately and it seems to be more confusing than helpful. I remember reading alot about it on the BBS before. And yes it is true, it seems to all be opinionated. Thanks though, I think I will just stick with what works for me.

[This message has been edited by RAPTOR114 (edited 02-25-2002).]

4. Number400

Number400 Well-Known Member

5. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Im sure like they say we all have what works for them.I use MOBIL 1,have for 10 yrs.NEVER had a clutch problem with it!I mean on the race bikes,endurance bikes!Take the motor apart they look new inside!Im also lazy at changing it too!There now you make your mind up!Im staying with what works for me.Oh Huffdaddy what trans shop you work at?I own my own down here in Hou. TX.Let me go to different places and still have a job!LOL!C-Ya!

Steven #1 vintage 6

6. huffdaddy

huffdaddy Well-Known Member

I just work from the house now but do free lance building for some independants. I do all kinds of differant type of work at home bikes and cars am a A.S.E. master tech. Should have plugged the mobil one stuff too it is a good oil too. I use it in the ford axode and the e4od anything that works hard like a hd work truck and have great luck with the moble one. It realy keeps the converter temps down.. Look i am giving away stuff again [​IMG]

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Take a look at http://www.ibmwr.org/otech/oilreport.html for unbiased (non-industry sponsored) data.

------------------
    Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54 (with AT LEAST 80% Nitrogen in all my tires)
    A little slower in the "here and now"
    A whole lot faster in the "There I was..."