1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins steering damper mount for '13+ ZX-6R?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Greenhound386, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I have an OEM Ohlins steering damper from a 2011 ZX-6R. I would like to mount it to my 2018 ZX-6R. I can't find a mounting bracket anywhere (including eBay). The $600+ Ohlins unit that is available for the '13+ appears to mount the same as the OEM unit from the previous generation; I just can't get the bracket separately.

Anyone know how to get around this?

2. Greenhound386

3. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

Long bracket bolts on to the tank. The circular bracket bolts on to the stem. The damper middle bracket bolts on to the stem and the arm goes to the gas tank bracket.

[​IMG]

4. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

5. Greenhound386

Thanks! That explains a lot. Doesn't look like that bracket will fit an Ohlins damper, but at least that helps to rule that option out.

I found the accessory steering damper part numbers in a Kawasaki parts fiche and will research that a bit more tomorrow morning. Pretty sure they're specifically for an Ohlins unit.

6. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

7. Greenhound386

You da man. That's exactly what I found last night. Those 2 brackets go for a combined total of $174.40 before tax and shipping. I might just ditch this whole thing and buy a new damper. I figured the brackets would be way cheaper. Thanks for going through the exercise with me!

8. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

I have a GPR on my zx6r. Key interferes a bit but I removed it so no problem. They have a 100$ off special right now. https://www.gprstabilizer.com/find-kit/?type=street-bikes Enter code gprblack18 at check out for $100.00 off

9. Greenhound386

Nice! I am already keyless, so no worries there. I'll do some research and will pick something up soon. Thanks again!

10. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

rafa likes this.
  11. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Seriously... :(

12. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Yep... somehow I got stupid lucky and found one new in the packaging that some guy sold me for $70 :clap:

13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

WOW !!!
    Well if I can't get lucky, happy a fellow rider does ;)

badmoon692008 likes this.