1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohlins 20mm Rebound Valve Port Size

Discussion in 'Tech' started by kmfegan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the measurement of the rebound ports on Ohlins 20mm valve?

I am curious as to how it compares to the mid-valve ports on the newer GSX-R600/750 rebound valves.

2. kmfegan

Just so everyone is clear -

[​IMG]

3. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

4. kmfegan

OK there Adam Jr.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

2.35mm

6. kmfegan

Thanks. They are much bigger than the orifices on the Showa valve.

I was thinking of taking the newer Showa valve, soldering up the bleed hole, and then flip it over and use the orifices for the rebound stack and use the large ports for the mid valve arrangement but after looking at the valve I don't think I will bother.

7. TWF2

Isn't that showa 3 port?

8. kmfegan

Not the (3) port high flow, the newer (4) port high flow that uses a mid valve arrangement.

[​IMG]

The older (3) port is on the left. The newer (4) port w/ mid valve arrangement is on the right.

The (4) high flow ports handle the rebound damping and the orifices are for the mid valve.

I was looking at this pic -

[​IMG]

and thought the ports were close to the Ohlins 20mm valve but when I looked at the valve in person they are very small. If they were flat (meaning no fill area) then I would probably try opening the holes up to Ohlins spec but I don't know if it is worth the effort at this time.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  9. TWF2

Yea, compression one is 3 hole. I am talking out of head.:)
    Drill it, you got room to go over 2mm :)

10. kmfegan

I don't know if I want to bother.

I was talking to someone about it and they said Race Tech's new High Frequency rebound piston is set up like what I am looking for and they had some recommendations for what I am using.

11. TWF2

It is not hard to drill it, if you screw up I got few of those :)

12. kmfegan

If I get a rider that wants to put in some work testing I'll give it a go, but for now I probably go another way.

These forks are backups for a rider that has Ohlins 25mm kits in his primary forks and right now I want to concentrate on a new setup for those.