1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh the Humanity, I effing agree with Perry and Newt on something.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Nov 13, 2011.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Just pointing-out that you don't actually agree with Newt and Perry, they identified a way to save money, you saw a source for a new revenue stream.

2. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Helping Americans, where we have record poverty and unemployment, is considerably better than helping our enemies, no?

Even when the ideas improve on the current policy you just can't get past the D.

Now if only someone proposed paying down some debt with that money we'd be getting somewhere... :Poke:

3. Quig

Quig Well-Known Member

Too harsh? No way. :up:

Too simple, and with way too much common sense for government consumption? Probably. :(

4. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

A bad one. See Roman Empire.

5. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

6. In Your Corner

Nope. We already expend huge amounts helping the poor. A lot goes to people who shouldn't be getting it. Start running the programs in a sane manner. You could devote 100% of the budget to helping the poor, and there would still be cries for more. A lot of people are under the impression that welfare as we knew it was ended. The reality is that the people handing out the money just found other ways to do so.
    SSDI is a great example of one of the programs that took over. You can receive a check because working makes you nervous, or because you spend your days drinking and doing drugs. There are programs training people to be nursing assistants who are then paid to take care of their own children. It's ridiculous.
    In NH, the food stamp program received extra money as a reward for their outreach program. The government felt that not enough people who could qualify had applied. The fact that people felt they could get along without the aid didn't matter, they wanted those numbers to prove how many people needed food stamps and to employ more people handing them out. The welfare machine is huge, ever-growing and ever-hungry for more.
    Jobs go unfilled because unemployment benefits go on for years and are often more lucrative than getting a job.

7. chuckbear

Just so we're clear, given the choice between giving other countries money and giving it to our own people, you prefer to keep giving it to other countries?

8. chuckbear

And for completeness, you also read the part where H8r suggested paying down debt with that money?

9. In Your Corner

Nice straw man, but I won't touch it.
    I prefer not spending it on anything. Use it to pay our bills.

Uh, no, I didn't. Show me where he made that suggestion.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

OK, that's funny right thar.

11. In Your Corner

I think he stated clearly what he would do with the money.

12. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

?????

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  13. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Go quote yourself!

You should have made him look it up.:crackup:

I'm now going to go quote myself.:D

14. H8R

Meh he has one dimensional rants, and then IMO, believes everyone else is just as one dimensional.

Besides...it was fun. :D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Cite.

:Poke:

16. H8R

He can quote himself to prove me wrong.

:crackup: