1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That thing is amazing. I wonder how much he has invested in it.

3. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

The first time I saw a grown man cry was when a RC plane plowed into the ground.

TO answer your question, very good chance all your gear, bike and truck together would equal what he has invested.

SpeedyE and motion like this.
  4. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

oh, If i'm banned again for a Simple answer then you won't hear from me again. This is BS.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:Pop:

6. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Da fuq is that guy talking about? Did you get that?

8. auminer

Near as I can tell, he took the banhammer for his post in general on 13MAR and was butthurt about it.

HPPT likes this.
  9. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Perhaps he has a reading comprehension issue. There's this sticky thing up at the top....

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If you believe China's evil this will reinforce your view.

Steeltoe likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, so he was threatening to take his awesome input elsewhere?

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Do we think his threat would be followed through if banned?

It begs an experimentation, but I digress....

13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I don't doubt that everything that comes out of China is BS, but I don't see where cratering the world economy is going to benefit them. If we go down, they go down with us.

14. auminer

I'll go you one further and posit that this could be the start of Cold War II, with anti-China sentiment at highs, and industry under pressure to onshore critical production.

15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

No way to not get political about that. I'm a manufacturer, and we don't buy ANYTHING from overseas if it's available in this country. You can't have a global economy, if everyone is playing by different rules, and the game has definitely been rigged against us. We've already seen an enormous uptick in requests for on-shoring work that was previously done in the Pacific Rim. It's just a struggle to accommodate that, along with normal orders, but we're doing our best to prove there's a benefit to having domestic suppliers.

16. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

China had no desire to crater the world economy. This has just grown out of control.

Multiple things are at play here.
    Chinese incompetence, culture, and the Asian tendency to "save face"
    Political opportunism on from all ideologies.
    Jockeying for funding and relevance by the scientific community.
    Continuation of the pre-existing political divide that was already plaguing the country.
    Incompetence by the administration and the hate that causes in their enemies.
    Competence by the administration and the hate THAT causes in their enemies.
    Grandstanding by the medical community.
    Overwork in the medical community.
    American ignorance, narcissism, and arrogance.
    American innovation, selflessness and humility.
    and on and on.

What is factual is this...some people are dying early and all people are dying financially, all due to a tiny strand of RNA.

17. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Lets hope so, even beyond critical production. We dont need more XR50 reverse engineered clones. They are thieves, no different from any other thief called out on this board.

18. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Perhaps I should have clarified. I wasn't saying I was buying into that video. I didn't watch the whole thing, as the guy was spouting nonsense. The point I got from it, was China did this on purpose to gain an economic advantage. That's ridiculous.

As for all people dying financially....I have no doubt there are going to be some people that make money out of all this. They always find a way. Me? I seem to always find a way to lose it. The guy who ran the investment firm that handled our 401k in 2008, embezzled the entire account (and I'm sure others) and skipped the country. That put me at zero, so have been on an aggressive strategy to gain as much back as I can. I knew there was going to be an adjustment, and was going to move to a super conservative position for a few months, but missed the boat.

19. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I have a knack for this. [​IMG]

20. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member