1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official YouTube Video Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, May 13, 2009.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Cute bears, but this is a horrible idea. These are the bears that Fish and Game officers end up having to shoot because they become nuisance bears. A bear with no fear of humans is on its way to becoming a dead bear.

SpeedyE likes this.
  2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

True! :(

I love them though! I know you do too <3

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is fantastic. no touch tire changer

sharkattack and long path/road like this.
  6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Meh? Far from "no touch"... Gimmie an old Coats 4040 and I'd have all 4 on the car and sipping a barley pop by then.:cool:

backbone likes this.
  7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hondo likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

how many scratches will a 19" $1K rim with a 30 profile tire have when you're done?

9. Cooter!

None.

BigBird likes this.
  10. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I'm an automation geek, but from a business standpoint, it takes too long. I agree with Cooter, a good installer with a more traditional machine, would get that done in a fraction of the time with no damage. Actually, the cool thing about that video is having a kid do it. And he seemed to be confident in operating it. Nowadays, they'll probably have social services at their door for child labor infractions. I've had a job since I was 7 years old, and I always looked at it as a privilege.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Hey Garth, have you seen this ?

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

it probably takes longer, but thinking about it, with the lack to competent hands-on workers, this machine would pay for itself pretty quickly; no customer complaints, less chance for worker injury, bending and picking up, etc. A couple of these on a work floor and good to go.

14. Cooter!

And pass the huge machine cost on to the customer? No thanks. I can see that thing at the OE level though doing 1000's of the same tires all day/night.

This is more of a comment about society... but if I can't train the latest batch of screen-staring, oblivious youths to do a VERY simple job, is the right solution to coddle them with one more automatic machine?

Now that everyone has back-up sensors/cameras... no one uses their neck anymore. "Well, my car didn't beep, so, sorry about your kid'.

Life is hard. And it SHOULD be.

and yes, GET OFF MY LAWN! :p

BigBird, Saiyan66 and Pride & Joy like this.
  15. APO2112

APO2112 Well-Known Member

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I didn't think cameras were allowed on helmets anymore.

17. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Good stuff and the last one is wild, never imagined using a laser for rust.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

19. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

20. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

I swear we had them in S. Fla back in the 60's. Walked into a clearing out in the swaps and they covered an old path.