1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Of Christmas lights and motorcycles...

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Parker, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Well-Known Member

So I can tear my FZR400 engine out of my bike and have the engine completely apart in a matter of only a few hours, so why does it take me the whole damn day to hang the Christmas lights and then they don't work? Would anyone that frequents this highly intellectual place help me out, or do all of you have the similar deficiency!

2. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Maybe you're a Tard. [​IMG]

3. Dave Parker

Tard - you mean I have been one all this time and didn't know it! My life is now complete.
    - Newly Discovered "Tard"

4. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

You should move to South Carolina Dave. I'm originally from Syracuse, and when I moved down here, I realized everyone was a Tard so I fit in! [​IMG]

5. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Just finished throwing out a shit load of lights because I got sick of trying to trackdown the one that was out! Target here I come for new lights.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

[This message has been edited by sportbikepete (edited 12-09-2001).]

6. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

How many lights are in a shitload?

7. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I'm not really much on lights and all the decorations but my wife bugged me to death to at least put lights on our pine tree out front. She said she tested the lights and they work so she set them out for me. All I had to do was put them up. Please! Please! Please!
    So while she was at work I put the lights up figuring she would see them when she got home and smile. Well, I got them up after an hour of bit**ing and moaning. Plugged them in and 5 minutes later out they go....No idea whats wrong. Another hour of trying to fix them...No luck... so in the trash they go. (You might be a tard if....) So now I have to go to the **** store and get more. I'm really pi**ed!!!!
    While at the store, something came over me and I decided to really freak her out and do the whole house. For the first time ever
    I bought lights for the roof, trees, shrubs...everything (a shitload). I spent the next 5 hours rushing to get them up before she got home. It's now 10:30 at night and I'm just finishing as she pulls up in the driveway. She gets out of the car and just stands there...and starts to cry!!!!
    Not quite what I expected but I understood. We stood back to check things out and she just smiled...and cried.....and smiled...and cried.
    Next year she won't even have to ask...

Ever been seduced by the one you love in the glow of a "shitload" of X-mas lights???
    Veerrryyyy nniiiccceee!

[This message has been edited by emeyer (edited 12-09-2001).]

8. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

Ok so here is the story of my first married christmas. I'll try to keep it brief.
    So the tree is in its stand and my wife asks me to put the lights on. I start stringing them and she says that I'm not putting them on right. I say be quiet or you'll be doing it. She says your not doing it right and that is not the way my dad does it. I say one more word and you will do it and I don't mean just this year. Needless to say she just couldn't stop and she has been doing the lights for 14 years now!

------------------
    Keith Snyder
    Ducati 748
    theriderformerlyknownasbeatupducatiguy

9. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Damn Keith! Now you tell me how it works...Where were you 20 years ago when I got married?????
    Wonder what else I've been doing wrong..

10. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I've lived alone for the last 12 years... no Xmas lights, no decorating. however, my fiance will be here in June... she LOVES all that kind of stuff... Maybe I'll just live in the basement with my darkroom and computers.

11. Dave Parker

Roasted: You're my hero!
    However, just yesterday I was down in my "cave" (the basement) doing bike stuff and my lady & partner is nowhere to be found. So I go outside and SHE is up on the ladder hanging those icicle lights from the gutters! Being a guy I did the proper thing, I stared in amazement. But it gets worse!!!

I go inside and grab a bottle of wine, proceed to get the cork out and… you got it, the &^%$ cork won’t come out. So I go back to the “cave” where I belong and I hear her come in the house. Just a few minutes later SHE brings me a glass of wine down in the cave. Now you need to understand, my lady is an ex-model, feminine as hell, not a line backer type and I have no idea how she opened the damn bottle of wine!

Earlier in this thread, Tardholio suggested maybe I was a “tard”. It’s worse; I’m a WEAK Tard that now will have to buy the cheap wine with the screw off cap!

12. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Dave!
    Weaktard or not...at the end of the day you STLL have the ex-model...... [​IMG]

13. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Shitload = 6 strands of 200 lights.
    For all of you that can not do the math that is 1200 rat bastard little lights that if one goes out they all go out!

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

14. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

But... but.... decorating for Christmas is supposed to be fun! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.pksracing.com

15. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

only if the eggnog is properly spiked

16. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

I do the icicle lights because she absolutely refuses to get on a ladder or in this case the porch and hang over the edge to set them up. otherwise she does all the rest. oh and I do put the tree in the stand. aren't I a nice guy. [​IMG]

17. turn3

turn3 Guest

sportbikepete, VERY funny [​IMG].........you showed those little 'rat bastard lights' who was boss.

I think I appriciate that because my husband is the same way. Funny thing is, he has the patience of Jobe when working on his motorcycles(and meticulous) but he will throw lights on the tree and look at me like 'didn't I do good?' [​IMG]

18. SpEdette

SpEdette Zombie

We put up our tree yesterday. I sat on the couch and watched X-Files (had to rest the collarbone!), and Tom spent the entire hour putting the lights on the tree. [​IMG]

19. BrownMS

BrownMS Well-Known Member

No Christmas decorations at our house this year.
    Lat year I had the entire house decorated in about 2 hours...inside and out. The only help I got was from a neighbor to put the lights up on the pointy part of the roof. I couldn't reach. Fun part was putting the lights up in the dark. But I figure I had a better idea of what it was going to look like.
    Some folks in our neihborhood leave their christmas lights up (on the house) all year. Christmas comes around and they check which one isn't working...fix it and light 'em up. Then they just add whatever decorations to the rest of the yard and house. Lazy boogers.

20. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

count your blessings that he doesn't secure the lights and ornaments with duct tape and zip ties