1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd days.

Discussion in 'General' started by turner38, Aug 31, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm just sayin' that they have to expect anything during training, same as real world, and presenting yourself to an interloper to say "move along back where you came from" is not an appropriate action for the situation. Training needs to be done with a real world mindset and this response would have real world consequences for a real world mission.

If they want their own training zone, they need to stick to their own property.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Had a couple rangers come by me on ebikes driving down a dirt road in Suches. A few of the roads I use are less than a mile from the compound.
    The pilots also come through the mountains at treetop level at least once a week in the dark

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Again, guys on trail were not the trainees from what I have heard but the guards of the training area. Also pretty sure it was their property, things get a little fuzzy with regard to property lines up in the mountains...

turner38 likes this.
  4. fastfreddie

Seems like those guards missed an opportunity to conduct some training of their own. :D

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Weird shit happens. Ft. Bragg a while back. Two Green Beret trainees shot by deputy. The Beret's thought he was part of the exercise. https://edition.cnn.com/2002/US/02/24/soldier.killed/

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

The map app I was using shows it as Chattahoochee National Forest but there are a bunch of areas shaded differently also.
    They were preparing for some sort of night drill and just waiting for dark thirty it seemed.

7. Jed

Jed mellifluous

UNG cadets having a kegger?

8. turner38

Wouldn’t think so, unless the vehicle of choice is a Humvee there...
    Still wouldn’t explain the multiple locations and Medic marked units. LOL

Plus I’m not too sure UNG would be too happy with the belt fed mounted in the back either...

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is way too much for a surplus one.

11. turner38

That is too much but they still ain’t cheap. Even at 15-20k a piece 10-15 or them is the remote mountains adds up to either a very well funded bunch of Yahoos or some Army deal. Would have thought I would have seen some markings on them if the were Army. Never paid much attention before though.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It could have been the mileage - and just noticed the sf97 which means it can be titled and street legal, not always possible with a surplus hummer. That site sells surplus stuff from all the branches, Yermo is a big supply deport for the Marines and that one in the link is a Marine Corps vehicle.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Black Hawks have been flying over my house all day and then just now 4 more flying low and blacked out. It's definitely a weird feeling watching them go over for whatever reason

14. fastfreddie

Blacked out? Those are the ones watching you. :D

15. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I know! It's a good thing I had my hat on so they can't read my thoughts! Again....

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

it was $6k starting bid, i didn't see it adding 40k to that in the end LOL