1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Ti99-4A, hooked to a B&W tv. Cassette tape storage.

casjoker likes this.
  2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

still have a sinclair1000, 8mb ram, cassette storage. no operating system, turn it on to a blinking cursor and DIY havnt turned it on in a long time though. "hello world" was my first code too.

i probably could have been a real pro grammer if i didnt also have a motorbike at the time. lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    vizsladog likes this.
  3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I remember 'writing' code back in the day when you followed instructions in PC mag or some shit to make your own rudimentary video game. Later, when I went to college I decided I was going to do that for a career until I took my first computer science class (that's what they used to call IT for you kids). Fuck. This. Shit.

I think I switched majors by the next week. :eek:

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I have a C64 still in the original box (and the receipt).

Press play on tape, bushes! :D

backbone and cha0s#242 like this.
  5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

It was 'COINS' when I went to school.

COINS 127/128, Pascal, separated the men from the boys. I took 287 Assembly Language (4-bit Rockwell), and that was enough for my career. I hated that assembler class. 20+ years later, I was writing assembly on PIC and AT-Megas for fun/hobby.

panthercity likes this.
  6. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

My dad was an electrical engineer for Texas Instruments when I was a baby, and then an escalation manager for Hewlett Packard for around 35 years. Computers his whole professional life, when it was very much a new industry, especially for home use. When the first Nintendo system came out (I mean the actual first one, not a SNES or some shit) I wanted one sooo bad. For Christmas, I got a computer instead. This was around 1985-7. It was the size of a suitcase, and had around a 5 inch monitor, no joke. I remember being in Toys-R-Us with my mom and saying something about how I really wanted one, and she said "I wanted to get you that, but your dad thought you're smart and mature and could do more with a computer". I was crushed. :crackup:

I have failed to act responsibly or smart since. I swear I remember that shit like it was yesterday.

samizx7 and Jeff McKinney like this.
  8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

9. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Similar, took some classes in HS and college, C, C++, and VB, Id rather pluck my eye balls out with rusty scissors than code for a living.

10. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

I took one programming class, once, only ounce.

Lasted 3 classes and I had enough. Teacher kept telling me it was easy and stay at it. I told him, no working on PC's, server's, printers is easy. He looked at me like I was the crazy one.

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I went to college to be an engineer. After Calculus and differential equations ( I think), I said screw all that math crap, which had always been a good subject for me. I went into computer science after that. Then after college at my first computer job, I moved into sales after a couple years.

I sometimes wonder which crappy thing I've done that my kids will remember forever!!!:crackup:

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Punch cards?

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Perforated tape with a teletype terminal...1971

14. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

15. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

[​IMG]

Who's hungry?

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Oh, jeez... did that guy not know that isn't a croc pot??!!??

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

That's a grillagator, and the best part of it is that it's not kosher. :beer:

19. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ha Ha, great picture. True story, when my son started his EE classes I told him that the only thing I wanted in order to help pay for his college was a decent explanation of VARs.