1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

GOAT:

[​IMG]

3. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

My man Carlos Hathcock FTMFW!

zx6rfool, auminer and Pixelator like this.
  4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

5. 27

27 Well-Known Member

Mt StHelens eruption… if that’s not common knowledge… that guys story was pretty neat to read… it’s been decades but I thought it was interesting as his life on the line and the unknown of the volcano fallout.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

OldSwartout and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I don't know what's more "FUCK THE DANGER!" about that photographer, taking the time to get a picture of that eruption, or the fact that they are driving a Pinto.

stk0308, 969, ToofPic and 1 other person like this.
  8. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Don’t worry. Pinto was proper fukt. Dude got on out Japanese reliability.

BigBird, 969 and Past Glory like this.
  9. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

I remember this picture! Isn't it from a book with stories of folks who were nearby Mt. St. Helen's series of eruptions?

10. Once a Wanker..

I had an '79 IT175 like that, street 'legal.' Rode it, hooligan style, around Garth's beloved ISU, and won D-22 motos with it.

YamahaRick, britx303 and OldSwartout like this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’ve been half@ssed shopping for an IT to run in a vintage class the hare scramble org we race with has. There is a guy that races in that org that has a beautiful IT……….but I don’t know what displacement. I’d like a 175 myself

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Looks like a Winchester M70?

13. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

How BillyBob Thorton has not made this a movie yet I cannot understand....

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He doesn't have the Swagger to pull it off. ;)

Pixelator and fastfreddie like this.
  15. Once a Wanker..

Whenever you find one, search for same year YZ125 forks and shock. Bolts right up, with the longer YZ brake cable. We ran my IT175 in a 24 hour motocross with this set-up. Worked fantastically! I'm sure someone could make major improvements to the stock suspension components these days, also.

16. tempestm

tempestm Well-Known Member

Found the article. Fate was kind: the driver overslept on his way to ride his bike around Spirit Lake which was well within the blast zone.

https://www.wweek.com/culture/2020/...est-mysteries-someone-finally-figured-it-out/

Excerpt:

Cooper told Strohl that Lasher left his house that morning in his Pinto with plans to ride his motorcycle around Spirit Lake, an area that received the brunt of the impact from the eruption. He overslept and made it only part of the way by the time the volcano blew.

"Had Lasher made it to Spirit Lake," Strohl later wrote, "he'd almost certainly have died."

Strohl estimates the photo was taken along the forest roads of Gifford Pinchot National Forest, possibly near the town of Randle. In Cooper's account, Lasher stopped so abruptly he bent the forks of his Yamaha IT Enduro bike. The ash cloud overtook him, but he eventually made it out, and even went back the next day, capturing photos of the devastation, and ended up getting airlifted out and spending the night in jail.

SpeedyTide, 27 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

18. Banditracer

19. Banditracer

20. Banditracer