1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Some guy in Massachusetts actually did that. Unfortunately, he got busted because the State cop noticed that she wore the same outfit every day. :)

2. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Spenking of Texas, this is a postcard my dad sent to his mother in 1943. Texas_Postcard_1943Small.jpg

BigBird and sdg like this.
  3. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

From the clear & succinct address, Hillsboro IA must have been a very small town.....

BigBird likes this.
  4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well Zip codes didn't exist until 1963

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Pretty sure there were street addresses in those years..... :D

Reminds me of the point about crime in a small town.

Cop: "Mam, can you describe the perpetrator?"

Lady: "Yeah, it was Harold..."

6. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

7. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

They didn't live in town, although I doubt anyone used the town street addresses in the 40's. Population 200 in the 70's. My grandparents were one of about 50 or so rural addresses, the postman knew who lived where. My dad was the Hillsboro rural mail carrier in the 60's, there were 70 rural stops then.

8. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Look at Hillsboro today, 84 years later, on a map. You'll understand. It may or may not have had electricity in 1937.

9. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Address requirements for mailing things has become more stringent over the years. Right now you can use 9 digit zip codes and the post office prefers it, but few of us use it in our day to day lives. I can imagine a day a few decades down the road when someone will be surprised to learn that back in the 20's people could get away with 5 digit zip codes.

Of course by then there may be teleporters where you just key in a destination identification number and your package or letter gets beamed to its destination.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'm afraid I haven't Hillsbothered......

R Acree likes this.
  11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Maybe.

6D41B5F3-517E-49E5-A8C1-D4D95E7F0A2B.jpeg

cha0s#242 likes this.
  12. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I think you worded that wrong , it should be , your girl after taking a dump without wiping :D

13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

14. Banditracer

Not oddball, truth.

[​IMG]

BigBird, J Bart, MachineR1 and 2 others like this.
  15. Banditracer

16. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

That's Big Time there, they have two church
    Probably not; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rural_Electrification_Act
    My fathers youngest sister lives near Canton S.D., in a house built in the 1890's. In 1996 my folks, two of their grand sons and I replaced her (original R.E.A.) fuse panel with a circuit breaker panel.
    The thing that made me smile was the fire alarm that we found in the top of the attic, while replacing the 'tube and post' wiring; It was a mechanical wind up alarm bell, triggered when the lead restraint melted.
    We went so far to install outlets and lights (along with plumbing) UPSTAIRS ! Woo !

Boman Forklift likes this.
  17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Mt wife's grand parents lived in Saladasburg, PA. I remember when they got central heating. They put the oil furnace smack dab in the middle of the living room. They didn't have plumbing yet so they still used chamber pots. Water flowed from the spring up on the mountainside down to the summer kitchen, drained out through the basement (ie root cellar). Her GF used to distill honey wine into what he called methligulm. Ran his still in the summer kitchen and used the spring water to cool the coils. That stuff would curl the hair in your nether regions.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

When fracking started in PA, there really was no infrastructure for the worker's residential considerations in those rural locations. Realtors told the workers so and added, the best we can do is some houses from the '70s. Sounds good to me, they said. Ummm, that's 1870s. lol

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've been writing papers on the Belgians for a sponsor and that has absolutely killed me. Holy f@ck, perfect! :crackup::crackup::crackup: