1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

2. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man."

the relic room likes this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Not oddball, just cool.

[​IMG]

6. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ok, damn, that's awesome. I want a poster size of that to hang up in my reloading room! (AKA, my bedroom closet.)

YamahaRick likes this.
  7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

My new Ace is the place for scented candles and tea towels.
    :(

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

[​IMG]

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

My Ace is the place to get charged 3 to 5 times what a product is worth.

lazlo, sdg, Tifosi and 1 other person like this.
  10. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Yeah, I only hit ACE in an emergency because of price differences compared to Lowes or HD. My Ace has done the same with a new look that seems to be geared towards the "modern man" with a bunch of shit that should never be seen in a hardware store (towels, cute ass fake barn wood signs, and such).

Pixelator likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Our ACE has had the "CrackerBarrel" boutique forever, but when it comes to finding small things like fasteners, kitchen cabinet hinges, authorized Stihl service, house paint, vacuum cleaner bags, toaster ovens, whole house humidifiers, humidifier filters, shop vac filters, and a host of other off-the-wall items necessary to the continued service of a larger product, it can't be beat by Tractor Supply, Lowe's, Home Depot, Sears, Harbor Freight, et al, for inventory. If they don't have what I can't find elsewhere, no one has it.
    Plus, our ACE employees consistently know what I'm talking about when I'm looking for something, where to find it and can offer feasible alternatives if they don't have what I want. I don't get all of that from any other outlet.
    Some things are worth the price of admission.

BigBird, 2blueYam and Motofun352 like this.
  12. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    Fencer and Norton 357 like this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I'm with Fastfreddie on this^. I know the Ace store of which he speaks, when I absolutely need some weird ass thing they've usually got it and know where to find it.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I still kick myself for not getting a picture of the Missouri (BB63) and the Kitty Hawk (CV-63) side by side in 1990 or so. That was some sight.

15. Norton 357

Norton 357 Well-Known Member

Damn! That's cool.
    My dad was on the USS Iowa in the Korean war

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Our Ace is old school. Price is a bit higher for things, but people are helpful and can be found. I was buying pool sand, and the kid just asked where I was parked, and loaded it for me without me even asking. Bolts/Fasteners, misc anything, they are the place to be. Also, they are the only hardware store that is open on a Sunday due to blue laws that is close, so they are also the go-to on a Sunday.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I don't mind shopping at Ace and paying a little extra just so I don't have to deal with the fuck wagons at Lowe's. It also helps that they love my dogs and spoil the shit out of them with treats every time I take them with me.

19. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Unfortunately, I have not had the same positive experiences at the Ace I frequented in the last few years. They have a younger crew that is equally unhelpful as those at the big box stores. I recently moved and have a CO-OP close by which is also Ace for hardware. They have a great staff who is very helpful. I do not bring my dogs to stores. I find most people don't think they are as cute as we do I think many people just fake it well like some of our ex-girlfriends.

motoboy likes this.
  20. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Several years ago I was at HD and a customer was seriously asking for one of these. He said that while he was out at the gun range, his wife hung all the Christmas lights but got them backwards. So he needed this adapter to avoid taking them all down. The HD guy was visibly laughing at him, as was I.

Man up and just admit it; you fucked up the lights. He wasn’t the first guy to do this (and blame someone else) and won’t be the last.

When he said he was at the gun range, I had flashbacks to Michael Keaton in Mr. Mom!