1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ocasio-Cortez and HQ2...showing how dumb she is every day

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by StaccatoFan, Nov 14, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not sure who told you that.

Maybe you just are suspicious looking because I never without at least a handful of protein bars in my backpack with me when I go through TSA and have never been stopped or questioned about it.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! Got searched for a multi tool trip before last - but they didn't find it so didn't take it. I had no clue it was there until I got home and dumped every last thing out of my backpack. Last trip they pulled me for two zippos - neither the xray person or the searcher could understand how they aren't torch lighters. Luckily supervisor did so no big deal.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here pretty regularly but I could see them looking odd in a box.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The last time the TSA gave me shit was about powder. I had a small jug, about the size of a typical peanut butter container, of whey protein powder in my carry on suitcase.

Interesting, departing from Newark they didn't care about it, but they wouldn't let me take my full sized toothpaste tube which they confiscated. However, coming back home from Austin the TSA over there wouldn't let me take the protein powder on board. Ironically I never even used the stuff the whole week I was there anyway. Live you learn I guess. Obviously in checked bags they don't give a shit either way.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Other than randoms we never get double checked in ATL but do get caught in Vegas a decent amount with odd stuff they want to look at. Granted we are pre check too so not sure if that helps with some agents.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Vegas I always check bag (save 1 time), either way I've never been stopped for anything there.....Vegas' Pre-check is the best, I've never been on a pre-check line there that had more than 4 people, even if the regular had 150.

I have a trip to Japan in January coming up and my buddy suggested I try and bring back some high quality chef knives from an outlet there he recommended. Should be amusing at security :D but that will be checked-in anyway.

7. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I brought home a knife from Japan (checked in a bag) and had no issues.

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

3 times in a row with different TSA agents. Maybe it was density and shape? Not sure. I have Global Entry and Clear too so I am always in the precheck line. But it was a big box of bars. Food at work is shit so I started bringing them up to supplement.
    I never get pulled over if I only have 3 or 4 in the bag. I am not a shifty looking gangsta that gets pulled aside all of the time.:D

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I lost more than a few multi tools over the years flying out after racing events that inadvertently made it into my gear bag. Merry Christmas to the TSA agents I suppose. Of course the only option they give you is to go back and check it and then stand in line again for 40 minutes. They refuse to let you claim it after or mail it to you etc. I can just see them, after their shift, going through and salivating over all the bounty they confiscated from flyers. Not that I’m still bitter about it. LOL

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't blame them a bit for not doing more than they do, as stupid as people are (including us for leaving shit like that in our bags) they'd have to hire another 25-50% of their agents to just handle that crap. FWIW they all go into bins and are sold off. They don't get to keep anything seized. Granted knowing that I have still thrown away a few hundred or more in pocket knives and lighters when those weren't allowed just to keep the TSA from making money off them :D

I have to say though I truly absolutely love the displays of things they seized - who the hell goes through security with a leaf blower or a weed eater? :crackup:

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hmmm....well, I didn't put the unopened box in there, but fore sure I've carried more than a typical box's worth (12-14) loose at the bottom of my carry on no issue.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think it''s the box and the bar shape, we've had issues with transponders in a case but not when in a bag.

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Don't they go to the for sale section on here?

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Maybe that is it. Last week on my way to work I just pulled the box out of my backpack and let it ride on its own thru the Xray with no issues.

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Looks like another FEC complaint against AOC and Saikat Chakrabarti, is in the works.

17. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to bring that dangerous bitch to heel.

19. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Got yanked in Minneapolis for a container of protein powder. Missed my flight while they dicked around figuring out what it was , had to sit around for 7 hours till next one.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Jeez....most TSA agents I've dealt with have actually been fairly competent but every once in a blue moon you get that functional retard with a uniform.