1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obtaining WERA license

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Boomlouder, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Boomlouder

Boomlouder Well-Known Member

Ok guys and gals. I'm looking at getting into racing most likely 300's. I was going to do the learning curves race school and obtain my CCS license sept 26th. But I have more options for tracks with WERA in a 6hr drive. Can anyone help me how to obtain the WERA license. I know CCS does a race school almost every race weekend. Is WERA the same? I've scanned through but couldn't find a definitive answer.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

First thing you do is register with WERA and pay a fee (I forget exactly how much, $100 or so?) for a provisional license. You'll get a paper license in the mail. You can do this at the track (I think), but it's much easier to do beforehand.

Then look at the schedule of the region you'll race in and find a track that has the initials 'RS' along with some other stuff at the bottom of the schedule. That means riders school. Pretty sure most race weekends have riders schools, but that RS designation will confirm it.

Then register up front online (easiest way) and pay the school fee. Also, go ahead and pay for the race(s) you want to race in because if you pass school, and you really have to do something stupid to mess that up, you can race the same day.

Also, if you mention another WERA racers name you get some kind of discount and so does the racer for referring you. Feel free to use my name.:D

Now, I may be a bit off on some of the info, so an official person (Mongo) may chime in and make the info correct.

Hope this helps.:)

Welcome aboard. :clap:

3. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What they said :D

5. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

While we're on this topic, do you want me to use the renewal form or the new member form, Mongo?

Taking care of that today.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Renewal.