1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsolete end of racing divorce sale

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kosta, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

I'm heading for divorce, won't be able to afford to race anymore, have to get rid of stuff as I'll probably have to sell the house to pay the soon to be ex wife the equity so will lose the workshop. I have a lot of V-6, V-7 projects that I need gone. I am going to be sorry for this but I just need to get rid of stuff. Heck, I gave a hawk away.

(2) FZR 400/600's. They are not assembled. One was built from blank (no vin stamped) Yamaha frame with delta swing arm, older (right side up) GSXR forks and fox shock with zero time on them since rebuild. Had motor head ported and cylinders bored for Wisco 636 kit by MSP. Never got around to assembling motor. Also has flat slides, 600 radiator, total loss but with starter and magnesium wheels. Second bike is Value Cycle Tim's old FZR 4/6. Motor is also out, has flatslides. This one has no titile, braced swing arm, 600 forks, fox shock and a F3 radiator set up. Both sets of body work are good, one set I started sanding for painting. Have a TZ seat section, some spare body work pieces, fairing bracket, subframe (one,aluminum hybrid), spare motor (3 total) and some spare FZR wheels. $500

1988 GSXR with clean title. It has been "Stortzed" into a street fighter sort of thing with high bars and a Corbin dual seat. Motor has been apart for a while. Have a bunch of miscelaneous parts and a spare tank. Have a Progressive and Fox shock. I'll never get to it to put it back together. it was once a really neat bike and could be a good street bike or V6 race bike. $500

I have critters to take care of and can't travel to deliver but at this price, hopefully it is worth the drive to Jacksonville for someone. Will be good winter projects.

I think I am going to try and keep the SV's and Buell for now but that may change.

thanks, Herb #28 [email protected]

2. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Sorry to hear.

PM sent.

3. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Any Hawk stuff still around?

4. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

No hawk stuff, gave it all to my neighbor. But he has a complete rolling chassis that I gave him that I think he wants to sell if you are interested.

5. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

email sent. Call me please, consider them sold

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  6. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Damn Herb...that sucks.

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I am sorry to hear that Herb. You are such a nice guy! Praying for you bud!

8. kosta

kosta Well-Known Member

FZR's sold local. Chuck, sorry I would have rather them go to you. If the guy doesn't want them after he looks at them carefully, I will let you know. I am not sure why he wants them, he doesn't race.

GSXR is still available.

Thanks Tuna and Howie, I sure don't want this to happen but I can't seem to do anything about it. I've been trying for 11 months. I thought guys were supposed to go through mid life crisis, not women. Dang, where is my mandatory corvette!

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I will out bid that guy if it helps....

If I had those 400;s they would be finished for the V7 crowd.....

Dont let them go to a squid!

Call me, I can send payment asap. I wanted those 400;s for sure...need more info on the GSXR...750 or 1100?

10. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I dont need to see them and I will pay instantly :D

I will even pay you more just to keep them in WERA V7

11. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

What are you trying to say Chuck? I believe it's a 750.

12. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Im sayin the 400's are meant to be in my garage....beg, beg, beg....but its too late.....Still hoping Herb can convince his neighbor to sell me the 636 version, 90 chassis, and magnesium wheels to me:bow:

Wondering whats up on the 88...sounds like race bodywork addition and there would be a V6HW and V7HW bike to get on the grids too.

13. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Dang Herb. Sorry to hear the bad new brother. Sounds like you got some good leads on your needed sales though. Good luck and keep in touch with us all.