1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obscure Q of the week: Airfare to Brazil

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Feb 7, 2011.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

Let's play stump the Beeb!

What's the best (cheapest) source for plane tickets to Brazil from Atlanta?

Looking for:
    Three (3) round-trip tickets from ATL (two adults one toddler);
    Ultimately trying to get to Fortaleza (may have to land in Rio & commuter back north, that's OK);
    Leaving in about the next 6-8 weeks (so about last week of March/first week of April);
    Staying in country for 2 weeks or so (+/- a day).

Ideas? Thanks.

2. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

I have been told a travel agency is the cheapest.
    However i use delta skymiles website and then check that against kayak.com. Usually ends up being cheaper flying delta. That is to europe though not brazil

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

then that does not really matter when trying to find prices to fly to Brazil....;)

4. Country_boy_88

lowest i found
    kayak $4110.30- multiple airlines
    delta $4,551.30
    march 31st to april 14th

that was just off the wall guessing dates.Put flexibility in your dates and airports and you might come out cheaper. Weekdays are cheaper(tues-thurs) Try to base your trips more on the least amount of layover time. give yourself 2-3hrs for international flights but no more than 5 or you will hate yourself. I just chose the cheapest that showed up

5. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

Have you applied for a visa yet? They are not the quickest about getting to them.

6. scotth

scotth Banned

Leaving out of Atlanta, I'd think you should at least check out delta.com.

Other carriers fly out of there, but it's Delta's main hub. Probably direct, and that's usually cheapest.

7. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

yapta?

8. RR EH

RR EH Member

Flight to Brazil

Be sure you check flying out of Dallas with American Airlines. TAM is the Brazilian airlines that is affiliated with AA.

Every time I have flown to Brazil we have gone through Dallas.

Good Luck.

Ed

9. discoduc2

discoduc2 "shift wanker shift"

I fly there 3 >4 times a year with Delta cheapest fare i have had was $3,200 upgradeable ticket, however i have NEVER been upgraded (Diamond elite) business class always sells out at between $7,500>8,000 a pop, flights to all major cities in Brazil, Rio, S. Paulo etc are always packed. Don't know what it is about the Brazilian flights but currently it is a very popular place for business.

10. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

OK, I'll tell him. I think he's pretty screwed; it's gonna cost him a lot of money. I guess that goes with the territory of marrying someone from a different continent. ;)

11. Country_boy_88

dont tell me that :mad:

you can save significant money by orders in advance as in 2.5+ months before.

the price will increase more and more the longer you wait usually