1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obamacare opt-out for religios orgs and contraception

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by todzuki, Feb 1, 2013.

1. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

No, it's a concession so that it doesn't end up in court and precedent being set.

In other words, the Justice Dept figured out they would lose and are extending an olive branch to cover their cod from getting kicked.

3. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Just another entitlement. Sticking taxpayers with the bill for other people contraception.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Nope it is still a lie. Where does the magic third party that is free come for? How can it be guaranteed? This is just his 'compromise' that he pushed months ago that is utter bull.

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It is nothing but an attempt to save face and give his minions some talking points. The tax payer still ends up paying for contraception. Not that it is a bad thing. I would provide free "contraception" to alot of areas via the water supply if I could. Putting a sterilizing agent in Olde English wouldnt hurt either...

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Looks like an attempt to clarify the legal definition of the group they want to create which is to be labeled Religion. They will decide what is acceptable observance of one's beliefs.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

This is for Religious Universities and non-profits only. It does not address the Hobby Lobby type objections.

8. sheepofblue

Or the fact that many Catholic organizations get insurance from a religious insurance pool which itself would not be covered. Got to kill them babies so we have room for illegals ya know.

9. In Your Corner

Looks like this issue will probably head to the Supreme Court, and I imagine ACA advocates aren't happy about it. The separation of church and state position will probably bite them in the ass on this one.

Obamacare Contraceptive Mandate Blocked by Appeals Court

A requirement of President Barack Obama’s health-care law that group insurance plans cover contraceptives was ordered blocked by a federal appeals court, the first ban on enforcement of the mandate.

Friday’s decision increases the probability that the U.S. Supreme Court will take up the issue to resolve conflicting appeals court rulings.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Chicago returned two cases to trial courts with instructions to enter preliminary injunctions blocking enforcement of the requirement in the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. In a 2-1 decision, the three-judge panel reversed the lower-court decisions in lawsuits brought by Catholic families and their closely held corporations.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I would rather pay for little pink pills than little pink (and brown) babies. Either way WE pay.

11. sheepofblue

Look into number of abortions vs number of illegal aliens. Oh and you still pay for illegal aliens.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

I get what you are saying but my point is that birth control pills sure as hell cost a lot less than babies.

And I am a middle class producer. I pay for absolutely friggin everything.

13. In Your Corner

Not sure what that has to do with employers having to provide it as part of the insurance plan.

14. sheepofblue

So fight that the government provides charity by theft.

Oh and the pill might cost less but it also guarantees no future tax revenue will occur. :beer:

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

me either.

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'd rather pay for contraception than prisons and the associated ass-hattery that gets them there...