1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

O/T - Nextel Issues

Discussion in 'General' started by Sprinky, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Since the beeb knows all, has anyone else been experiencing issues with bad connections on their Nextel service?

Our work uses Nextels for our cell carrier and two way between the field and the office. Recently when we call people it's totally garbled up on the other end. I've been told it is all static whenever we talk. This has occurred across a range of phone models, when calling Nextel to Nextel, Nextel to other cell carrier, Nextel to landline. This hasn't been limited to just us, a handful of other contractors have reported the same problem when I've talked to them. Nextel said something about a programming problem, but after 10+ years on their service I've we've never had an issue until now.

Anyone else have this?

2. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Who still uses Nextel?:Poke:

3. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

We use Nextel for my job, and it totally blows. Always dropping calls......

4. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

welcome to 2006, we got rid of ours cause the service sucked. We used mostly 2 way and always had busy signals, sometimes you could be a couple hundred feet from the guy looking at him and it would be busy. I had nextel for 6 yrs prior and it was great. people say when they merged shit got fudged up. We have had verizon and they have been cheaper for a group plan and we never get that 'please hold while the nextel subscriber you are trying.....' aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh I broke so many nextels

5. Sprinky

Unfortunately my company. The two way is good for the field guys calling across a job site.

I think it sucks. Oh well.

6. Sprinky

We are negotiating with Verizon right now, they just won't come down to Nextel's price.

I hate that freaking message...makes me want to smash some stuff.

7. CWN racing

CWN racing Well-Known Member

we called them Nexhells, the one thing with nextel is they are very aggresive with pricing and verizon can give two shits about you.