1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NY international MC Show pics`

Discussion in 'General' started by timmy, Dec 30, 2001.

1. timmy

timmy 00 GSXR-750

2. corien

corien faster pussycat kill kill

nice pictures!
    the show was a little on the "light" side.

i liked the following:

- gobert's r7 superbike. the brembo block brake system alone is just amazing
    - the bostrom replica
    - the grey 748s with orange wheels
    - a new trend towards cool replica street jackets (rossi jackets, etc)
    - since i went on a friday: not many people!
    - the r6
    - the grey/black r1
    - aprilias looked good. especially the flower power scooter [​IMG]

didn't like:

- all the kawasakis (nothing new)
    - most of the suzukis, except for the 600. 750, 1000
    - new buell thunderbolt
    - the fact that ducati NEVER has their accessories for sale. they hide the stuff behind glass and you can't touch a thing. it irritates me!

corien

------------------
    www.ducatiwomen.com

3. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

TIMMY! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. timmy

timmy 00 GSXR-750

I was hoping to see some more leathers but all they had were joe rocket and kobe. nice i was just hoping to try on all different kinds. I also got to talk with Bruce Porter(Arai) and Charlie VanValkenburgh(Pit Bull). Both Extermely nice and definitely have thought out there positions on there respective subjects. Bruce measure my head and was totally amazed that I was in the exactly correct model and size helmet(round oval/between l/xl wearing the L) that he is going to set me up with there racer support program. This is probaly available to everyone but it was cool to have the head of marketing/race ask me to send my "resume" to him. i don't want to debate the price fixing/internet sale thing here but i can see both sides have a point, both good and bad.

lp
    timmy

[This message has been edited by timmy (edited 12-30-2001).]

5. Pam_G

Pam_G Banned

Gee, I hope there are more displays and/or vendors at the Chicago show. I'm checking out that one this year and skipping the Cleveland show.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I had to guees I'd say that the cost of the NY show has hurt them a touch. I'd actually expect Cleveland to be bigger than Chicago because of the costs and the turnouts (unless things have changed since the last one I did).

7. Paul Wright

Paul Wright Well-Known Member

Just back in town from the NY show. We had the only real sportbike/race display there, but that is not uncommon at the CWI shows. We did have Kobe leatrhers there, but also AGV, and some Teknic products as well. The show managemnet told me attendance was off about 40% from last year, and it was obvious to the vendors that do these shows every year. The cost of the NY show is prohibitive to many vendors because of the unions. It costs more to pay the union for the privelage of unloading on "their" dock than it does for your space in the show. Our union "fee" was $6200, and the show space was less - about $5000. Add in hotels, food, manpower, etc, and you begin to get the picture. And if you think we paid a lot, some of the OE's (Suzuki, Honda, etc) sometimes pay over $100,000 to the unions at the union controlled shows. BTW, the union charges something like $50 per bike to roll one into the show, and they charge per pound for everything you unload. It really adds up, especially when your name is Honda. The talk in the industry is that the union contolled shows may soon go away because of the monumental extra expense.

8. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Welcome to the "real" New York, where the "gombazzi" have made it a wonderful place for commerce.

Hey Paul...yoo be real ca'ful about watcha say abowt da way we do tings heah. Me an' da boys have takin' a likin' tuh dos leddis yis had deah. We'll be lookin' foa some o' dem contingencies too,ya know. Da big boss likes lotsa contingencies.. [​IMG]

9. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

the chicago show gets smaller every year. last year we didn't even go because we heard there was really nothing to see. the toronto show was really good last year though. just don't go with due north, he eats that poutine ( fries with gravy and cheese curds) [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by joey195 (edited 01-01-2002).]

10. darksydedave

darksydedave Well-Known Member

I met Bruce at the NYC show also, it was very interesting to have someone look at my head and size me on the spot! (Course, I now need to buy a $500.00 RX7RR4 'cause it fit the best...ouch) Very good people. The show did seem smaller than they'd advertised, but the trials guy was pretty fun to watch. I kinda liked checking out CU's endurance bike also, nice to see the manufacturers really showcase their roadracers. Dave.

11. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Never been to the Chicago show but the Cleveland show has been pretty good the past two years I went. Hard to believe it's show time already. Hey! if anyone goes to the shows, stop by the Motto Guzzi display and say hi to John Franck. He's a great guy and knows everybody. Might even sell ya a Guzzi!